Greetings from CT

Started by shsesc, August 02, 2017, 01:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shsesc

Hi, I'm new to the forum, but it seems like this is the place for me since I'm getting back into guitar after a long hiatus and I have lots of the gear discussed. 

This has already proved a great resource that is costing me lots of money... 
I bought a used VG-99 and found this site while doing research.

I was inspired by the Parker Adrian Belew model (that I learned about here) and I have a mounting ring(that I learned about here) coming from the UK so I can mount a second GK-3(also coming) on my Schecter C1 FR-S.  I hope the magnetic fields of the Sustainiac don't mess with the GK divided pickup :-\  It doesn't mess with the bridge pickup which is closer to the driver and stronger, so I'm going to try it.

I have ordered a Gittler D13 cable that I learned about here too. 

I'll keep practicing to get beyond where I was when I stopped playing years ago, I think I was still in high school at the time.  I'm motivated and taking a more structured approach and practicing more regularly than I ever did before.  I am currently in a weird place where I know way more (theory and such) than I can physically accomplish, it feels more frustrating than the first time around since I know what I can't perform, but I can compose it in software which helps but is tedious.  Eventually I'd like to use something, probably the FTP to compose with the guitar into the DAW. 
I make weird sounds with : Boss/Roland: GT-100, SY-300 GK-3 External pickups, GKC-5 cable, VG-99, FC-300, GR-55, DD-500, MD-500, RV-500, ES-8 Fractal: Axe-FX II XL+, MFC-101 Fishman: Tripleplay Pigtronix: Infinity looper Ghost: Hexpander/acoustiphonic preamps and piezo Bridge. Godin A5 SA (RMC

sixeight