Pedalplayground.com

Started by Elantric, June 26, 2017, 12:54:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

www.pedalplayground.com

This has been a little pet project for me the last few weeks. It's a tool that lets you layout an imaginary pedalboard. I've cut out photos of around 200 pedals and input dimensions that will help you figure out the perfect layout and spacing for your board. It's definitely not perfect and I have plenty of improvements in mind but I figured I would tell you all about it in case it might prove useful!

To get started, just select a pedalboard from the list on the left and click "Add Pedalboard". Right now PedalTrain boards are the only option but I play on adding some Temple Boards, Salvage, etc, even an option to add a board with custom dimensions. You can also forgo this step and just use the grid to layout your pedals. The space between two dots in the grid is 1 inch.

Add pedals to the canvas by selecting them from the drop down on the left and clicking "Add Pedal". I've tried to include plenty of options but obviously the list of pedals that TGPers use is endless. I will add more as I am able! If a pedal you're looking for isn't in the list, that brings us to the next point...

You can also add a pedal to the canvas with custom dimensions, in the case that it's not in the dropdown. Just add a width, height (inches are assumed, input it in the fields as a decimal with no units), pick a color (click the green circle to reveal a color picker).

Once you've got pedals on the canvas, simply click and drag to rearrange them. You can also rotate them, and remove them by hovering on a pedal and using the icon controls. (Note that rotating can be a bit unwieldy right now — I'm working on fixing that).

As long as you're using a somewhat recent browser, your layout will be saved in your browser's "Local Storage". That means you can close the browser window, or even restart your computer, and your layout should be saved. However, if you delete browsing data, or open the site in a private/incognito window, that will not be the case. I'd like to get a more robust saving functionality but that's for another day in the future.

I hope it's useful to someone!

trav

Rhcole

This beats the paper cutouts I sometimes make to see if something will fit!

thebrushwithin

No options listed in any of the drop down menus.

admin

Quotehttps://s6.postimg.cc/q847u5u69/pedalplayground.png

Works here - using Chrome Browser (Version 59.0.3071.115 (Official Build) (64-bit))
on Win7 Pro 64

thebrushwithin

Strange, will not work on an iPad air2 or iPad mini 2
Pull down choices say "No options"

bbob

Quote from: thebrushwithin on July 06, 2017, 08:00:47 PM
Strange, will not work on an iPad air2 or iPad mini 2
Pull down choices say "No options"

+1  My iPad mini2 is on IOS 8.3

admin

works here on iPhone 6 Plus with IOS 10.3.1
1 ) Add a pedal board - many types on the pull down menu