Helix LT

Started by admin, April 02, 2017, 09:05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordByron

Quote from: Elantric on April 05, 2017, 09:45:29 AM
Could possibly make the Helix LT patch change time a bit more sluggish than the regular Helix - but most folks might hardly notice.
Is the underclocked DSP confirmed? I had not seen anything on that. I was under the impression the only differences were in the I/O choices, the body construction, and the lack of scribble strips.  ???

admin

The info regarding underclocked DSP on the LT comes from a reliable source who has reviewed the actual unit

But I'd like to see corroboration with actual pics of the Helix LT internal PCB

Should be possible from any early adopter

But in practice it should not make a big difference  - there is less overhead on the LT version  as it has fewer I/O and less hardware to control.

jm345

Quote from: Headless68 on April 16, 2017, 08:06:17 AM
A bit more research and comparisons and the helix is looking more promising
Users of the AX8 seem to clip the Dsp limit (one amp only) and drop reverb - while the out of the box traditional Sounds are better, the helix with its 4 parallel possibilities ( and 23 osc capability) seems to offer more for none traditional experimentation & with 3rd party IR's can get close to Fractal / Kemper enough for it to be splitting hairs.
So, new LT or second user full Helix ?
Are the scribble strips worth it ?

I bought a used Helix before the LT came out. But for me I would still go with a used Helix. The extras are important for me and I find the scribble strips very useful.

Headless68

Thanks for that - I was leaning towards that decision anyway - I will be using it live so can see this being a help

Frank Ritchotte

Quote from: LordByron on April 24, 2017, 09:22:15 AM
Is the underclocked DSP confirmed? I had not seen anything on that. I was under the impression the only differences were in the I/O choices, the body construction, and the lack of scribble strips.  ???

The DSP/Helix Engine are identical to the Helix Floor. You are correct that the only differences are the I/O, lack of Scribble strips and a different pedal.

mchad

This guy appears to be using an LT and it sounds great. In fact the whole thing is pretty darn good.

gumtown

So as fate has it, I have ended up here as a new Helix Lt owner, actually the Helix is my first foray into Line 6 products.

Coming from being a long time Roland/Boss user, I will be comparing this to the Boss 'way' so far the Helix seems quite good.
The effects are different, some are better than the Boss ones, and some are not,  I guess at this point, I would say 'different'.
But the thing I am liking is the  ability to place as many instances of the same effect (if you wish) I can lay down 16 distortion pedals in the chain, but the result was just undesirable noise, but it 'can be done'.

I have the new 2.8 update installed, and at the moment working my way through the effects and amps/cab lists to see what they do.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

sixeight

Quote from: gumtown on July 26, 2019, 10:34:16 PM
So as fate has it, I have ended up here as a new Helix Lt owner, actually the Helix is my first foray into Line 6 products.

Coming from being a long time Roland/Boss user, I will be comparing this to the Boss 'way' so far the Helix seems quite good.
The effects are different, some are better than the Boss ones, and some are not,  I guess at this point, I would say 'different'.
But the thing I am liking is the  ability to place as many instances of the same effect (if you wish) I can lay down 16 distortion pedals in the chain, but the result was just undesirable noise, but it 'can be done'.

I have the new 2.8 update installed, and at the moment working my way through the effects and amps/cab lists to see what they do.

The Helix is different from Boss/Roland gear. It took me quite awhile, before I was really happy with the Helix. So don't give up too soon. The most powerful way of using the Helix is to combine it with a GP10 or VG99. That really gives the best of both worlds.

Have fun!