In praise of Warm Clean

Started by mooncaine, March 13, 2017, 11:15:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mooncaine

Who loves the Warm Clean amp model? (and is the BOSS clean in the GR-55 similar?)

When I start a guitar patch, I usually go that one, first. I imagine its a JC120 but with the warmth of a tube signal path.

mooncaine

jassy

Which device are you talking about?

alexmcginness

Its my main amp model that I use in the VG 99. I use that and the classic Strat model as my main stage "Axe"
VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.

jassy

Quote from: alexmcginness on March 15, 2017, 06:59:43 AM
amp model that I use in the VG 99.
Ah ok, VG99, I dont have it anymore. The post is in the "general discussion" so I was not sure.
In the GP10 there is not that amp model, but the are many which are pretty warm like the Tweed, Twin clean and others. In fact the amps in the GP10 have an enormous range of tone (clean to saturated) and they respond incredibly good to the guitar volume, so many amps can be used for good and warm cleans.
Im surprised there is not more mention about it because its better than other modelers, better than my AX8 sometimes.

alexmcginness

In the GP-10 the closest is the " Natural Clean" amp.
VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.

aliensporebomb

I like it a lot but I also like some of the others. 

One you would never expect would be valuable is the metal lead amp model.  With proper EQ it can sound like a lot of things.
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

sixeight

Quote from: jassy on March 15, 2017, 12:07:43 PM
... better than my AX8 sometimes.

Really. That is high praise for the GP10!

Lonnie412

I delete that Warm Clean Patch and replace with a cranked Boogie Lead patch

mooncaine

Quote from: aliensporebomb on March 16, 2017, 04:03:26 PM
One you would never expect would be valuable is the metal lead amp model.  With proper EQ it can sound like a lot of things.
Likewise, I find myself going to the "T-amp" (Hughes & Kettner Triamp sim) and the 5150 a lot for high-gain stuff, but then I have a strong predilection for the treble end of the spectrum.