V Guitar Forums Shirts

Started by ( . )( . ), September 09, 2016, 09:14:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

( . )( . )

Okay - who wants to make some shirts? I'm sure we can come up something cooler than this, but I'd definitely sport a T-shirt or two around.

Elantric

Its also time to spruce up the banner logo at top of home page

And we talk about far more than just Roland gear - just sayin

( . )( . )

Sounds like a new slogan in the banner that removes Roland...something like The Resource for Guitar InnoVation

Elantric

I like that!

(I'm told folks do land here thinking its  "Vintage Guitar Forum" 

( . )( . )

shawnb

I am totally game for the tee-shirt.

I must say I'm rather fond of our current logo, leaning towards the first image.    Though a little dated by today's standards, that wire frame V conveys an element of engineering that feels appropriate.   

Love the new tagline, though!   Plus, we're not exclusively Roland gear, never really were.   
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

sixeight

I like the black colour for the shirt.

shawnb

The tee-shirt gave me an random thought...   Get our own booth at namm?   As an educational resource?
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Elantric

The tee-shirt gave me an random thought...   Get our own booth at namm?   As an education

But then I'd be stuck in a booth. And out $10-15k for booth space and associated costs

Instead I print VguitarForums flyers and business cards and distribute to key movers and shakers in the music industry- as I do for past 4years

It's been working

whippinpost91850

( . )( . )

I'd be happy to play around with the banner/logo and update it however you want if you have an editable version (preferably vector based).

kenact

Godin Session & Montreal FTP, LGXT, LGX SA, Redline, ACS, A12, A11, A10, A4
Danoblaster Baritone w/GK-3
Gretsch Nashville, Viking
Fender Strats
Fret King Supermatic
Larrivee DV03RE
Parker Midi Fly
Seagull, S&P 12
VOX Phantom XII
GR-55, 33, 30, 20, GI-20, RC-50, US-20, VG-99, VP-7
Sentient 6
Cyr 7

rolandvg99

Quote from: shawnb on September 10, 2016, 05:58:15 AM
I am totally game for the tee-shirt.

I must say I'm rather fond of our current logo, leaning towards the first image.    Though a little dated by today's standards, that wire frame V conveys an element of engineering that feels appropriate.   

Love the new tagline, though!   Plus, we're not exclusively Roland gear, never really were.   

+1
To V or not to V: That is the question.

My little Soundcloud corner

azzurro

Elantric

I like the tShirt example , but change the phrase to

The Resouce for Guitar Innovation

aliensporebomb

I want as well - black shirt but the logo on the grey one.
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

Rhcole

Love the idea of a shirt, but it should be forward looking, not to the past. There's a lot more than Roland going on here, and it's the best resource on the net for progressive guitar technologies.

jazzkid74

vanceg

A booth is crazy expensive.  Even many small companies just roam the floor nowadays, or set up specific meetings in hotel suites....  Elantric and I are at NAMM most every year.  I may not make it this year, though.

Quote from: Elantric on September 10, 2016, 06:38:53 AM
But then I'd be stuck in a booth. And out $10-15k for booth space and associated costs

Instead I print VguitarForums flyers and business cards and distribute to key movers and shakers in the music industry- as I do for past 4years

It's been working

Majiken

I like the original 3D logo with the new tagline, black is my fav but white and gray work too. Purchase globally through Paypal from one source, who takes the lead? Count me in :-)
Take what you need, put back a bit more, leave the place behind you better than it was before :-)

www.majiken.rocks

kenact

I like both designs put forth, but I'm partial to the old logo, with the new tag line, in gray, black, purple, chartreuse, pink, yellow, scarlet, and, and

Okay, gray & black will suffice. :)
Godin Session & Montreal FTP, LGXT, LGX SA, Redline, ACS, A12, A11, A10, A4
Danoblaster Baritone w/GK-3
Gretsch Nashville, Viking
Fender Strats
Fret King Supermatic
Larrivee DV03RE
Parker Midi Fly
Seagull, S&P 12
VOX Phantom XII
GR-55, 33, 30, 20, GI-20, RC-50, US-20, VG-99, VP-7
Sentient 6
Cyr 7

( . )( . )

Well there seems to be decent interest in shirts. Logistically, there would need to be some way to pay - another PayPal donation inserted on the site just for shirt purposes perhaps? This would have to link to someone's PayPal account who is willing to process and ship the shirts out. I can handle designing the shirts and finding a good online printer, but someone would have to be willing to handle shipping - naturally for a small profit.

Or we could use something like http://shirtbot.co or https://printaura.com/how-it-works which will ship directly to customers on a per order basis. I believe there is a membership cost (not much) and probably a small charge to have a design made, but after that people can just buy the shirts directly from the site. Someone would still have to have an account and have the money deposited into an account. It's probably possible to use any profits as donations to the website, to avoid taxes, but that would have to be looked at in further detail.

whippinpost91850

+1     I like old Logo with new saying

alexmcginness

The old logo on black or white. Why change the logo when it isnt broken?
VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.

( . )( . )

No need to change the logo. I was just throwing another example out there.