VG99 ambient Project

Started by chrish, August 11, 2016, 04:35:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrish

Here is a tune that consists of two tracks. Track 1 is a drone that has two synths, a Korg Triton motion pad and a vg99 patch called "Escape Pod Mode 3". I played a full C major chord and hit the sustain pedal so that the Korg patch would sustain it's loop motion. Also I hit the D beam to freeze the VG99. While the VG99 was droning, I played notes that added layers to the drone on the vg99. While the Korg was sustaining, no additional notes would sound.

While the vg99 was droning, I went into the cosm fx and opened the eq to a notch filter set to plus 24 and I would change the frequency at from around 300 to 500 hertz. In this way, I was able to play additional notes that modulated the drone that was happening.

Track 2 is a VG99 patch by Aliensporebomb called POD pixie strings and just soloed over the drone.

The working name for the project is "Magic Land"

As always, I recorded into the roland RC-300 looper, although no loops were set up there, and then dropped the wave file into audacity in order to export the 2 tracks to mp3. I also had to shorten the file to fit onto the forum size limit and used the fade in fade out fx in audacity.

ainsoph

aliensporebomb

Sounds good to me - you could do a record with that setup!
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

chrish

Thanks guys. The vg99 and the korg are both very clean sounding units and with very good quality fx. A lot less grappling with trying to control the build up of resonate peaks as compared to running synths through the sy-300 as i did on the last project.

One problem that i am encountering with my recording method is the lack of record level meters in the Rc-300. I'm wondering if i can tap the peak light somehow, and use a proper meter.

slooky