Genesis/Steve Hackett cover with Roland Guitar Synth sounds

Started by VariousArtist, May 22, 2016, 04:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VariousArtist

Roland Guitar Synth a la Steve Hackett, with some sounds that I fashioned out of my VG-99.  So much yummy dissonance and and graceful chords that epitomise Steve Hackett (ex-Genesis guitarist).  He used to start his shows with this back in 1978/79...

YOUTUBE:

FACEBOOK:
https://www.facebook.com/peter.matuchniak/videos/vb.823321444/10154159367556445/?type=2&theater

Smash

Bloody good work! Love Steve Hacketts early solo stuff and I know from experience how bastardly some of those chords are (well I did - I've forgotten how to play it now! I learnt it, stuck a video on Youtube and then never played it again...).

I did it on a Casio MG510 hadn't considered the possibility of running 2 GR300's on the VG99 to do it til now.

VariousArtist

I just checked out your version on YouTube now -- Very cool Smash!  Yours has a nice ballsy low-end and thickness to it.

I also did a short video for Slogans which you might like (I have a lot of other Hackett stuff I did on the acoustic, but this one was done on the VG-99 and more appropriate for this forum):

Smash

Thanks for posting - Love all that stuff. I've got his first 4 albums when the remasters were first issued with jackets and each one signed by the Steve himself - prize posesion!

I think the latest album I bought was Til we have faces on Lamborghini(!) records - I dropped out from then

VariousArtist

Btw Smash, although I mentioned our recent live performance of Tigermoth on another thread with you (i.e. your Voice of Necam sound), it seems appropriate to update this thread with the final outcome of the work I was putting into making Tigermoth a reality on stage.  Here's the first time the original arrangement has ever been played:

Smash

That's really great - helluva piece to take on live. Ironically Steve is in my home town at tge end of this month at the Cliffs Pavillion

VariousArtist

Are you going to see him at the Cliffs Pavillion?  Looks like we'll get to see him on the left coast again -- just waiting for dates to be announced.  I heard that a lot of Wind & Wuthering will be played in honour of its 40 years since being released

aliensporebomb

Oh boy!  Right up my Alley.  I bought as many Hackett discs as I could get my hands on whenever I see them and even have some of the reissues.  And they're hard to find in Minneapolis Minnesota but for a while they started getting to be available.

My respect for the man went way up when I got to see him play jaw dropping classical guitar from 4 feet away at a now-closed Borders Bookstore in downtown Minneapolis.

Never thought I'd get to get a guitar lesson like that.

Guy is seriously excellent.

My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.