Prince tribute using VG-99

Started by Nima, April 24, 2016, 09:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nima

Price was a musical icon and although I know there's been a ton of tributes flying around in the last couple of days, I wanted to share this as I'm using the VG-99 pitch bend for this track:

HecticArt

That's pretty nice.
Thanks for sharing.

I've never been able to get my head around what it takes to play those things. Good stuff.

Nima

Thanks for watching!  I don't think the stick is any harder to play than a guitar.  When I pick up a guitar, I can't quite get how people play it either  :)

Autana

Great!  thanks for sharing your energy and musical vibes with us, and even more using that particular combination of Stick and VG-99, it does sounds great! Also greetings to your drummer,  pretty good sound quality for garage environment. +1
GR-55, GP-10, GI-20, Godin xtSA, GodinNylon MultiAc, Giannini classical, 3 GK-3'd gtrs, Cube 80XL, Primova GKFX-21 (x2)

Fear just pulls you out of being true to music, which is coming from a place of love. Love is the opposite of fear. I stay away from anything fear-related.
- Tal Wilkenfeld -

Nima

much appreciated!  I've been using a VG-99 and VB-99 combination for a long time and now have added  an SY300 which has been great.

Smash

Nice stuff - you using a looper?

Old friend of mine (Pascal) plays a Stick with VG99 - seems to be a good combo.

Nima

Thank you!  And no looper.  just a subtle synth pad underneath.  And VG-99 works great cause you can take advantage of the 2 engines for each side, although I use a VB-99 to cover the bass side.

aliensporebomb

My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.