Line-6 Amplifi FX100 Floor FX

Started by Elantric, March 14, 2014, 10:29:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

Here's a demo of the new Amplifi FX100 by Line 6 at the Musikmesse 2014.
http://www.andertons.co.uk/multi-fx-units/pid33270/cid693/line-6-amplifi-fx100-floor-guitar-effects-unit.asp
http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/musikmesse-2014-line-6-reveals-amplifi-fx100-596006/

Musikmesse 2014: Line 6 has followed up the launch of its innovative AMPLIFi amplifier at NAMM with the AMPLIFi FX100 multi-effects pedal.

The iOS enabled, cloud-enhanced pedal takes some of the features of the amp and bundles them up with some pedal-y goodness for a multi-effects unit that sounds like it's been beamed in from the future.

First up, it lets guitarists wirelessly control sounds via an iOS device, meaning players can dial in sounds using the AMPLIFi Remote iOS app, which promises easily navigatable screens and ease of use, and uses Bluetooth to connect with the pedal.

Additional features include the ability to link up with music libraries and play along with streamed audio, and tone-match with sounds within your music colection. Frankly, it the system works as well as it claims to in this regard, it's going prove incredibly popular. We'd want one, that's for sure.

The pedal can connect to amps, external speakers or headhopes, and can split outputs to send a track from your music library to your sound system and your guitar tone to an amp.

Built-in features include eight simultaneous effects, over 200 amplifiers, effects and cabinets, 100 onboard presets, a metal chassic, tap tempo/tuner and Bluetooth streaming compatible with iOS, Android, Mac and PC.

Additionally, the AMPLIFi Remote app features controls that allow you to set tonal parameters, automatic tone matching which 'instantly provides the perfect tones for jamming with songs in your music library', access to thousands of tones online, cloud support which allows for backup, preset storage and tones to be shared and rated, and compatibility with iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPhone 4, iPad (third and fourth generation), iPad 2, iPad mini and iPod touch (fifth generation).

The AMPLIFi FX100 will be shipping in May, and we're pretty keen to get our hands on one to see if it's as impressive as it sounds...

For more information visit the official Line 6 website.

Line 6 press release

Line 6, Inc. today introduced AMPLIFi FX100, an iOS enabled, cloud-enhanced multi-effects pedal that offers guitarists a fast and fun path to unlimited professional-quality tones. Featuring the groundbreaking Line 6 AMPLIFi Remote iOS app, AMPLIFi FX100 allows guitar players to wirelessly control every detail of their sound and dial up amazing tones, including the award-winning Line 6 tones behind thousands of hit recordings, with unprecedented speed and precision.

"AMPLIFi FX100 is an exciting new product that takes the pain and complexity out of getting great tone," said Max Gutnik, Vice President of Products and Marketing, Line 6. "The AMPLIFi Remote iOS app lets you quickly and intuitively find, create, and share your sound. And with innovative features like Bluetooth® streaming audio and automatic tone matching, FX100 is equally as fun jamming along with your favorite songs and playing with your band."

The AMPLIFi Remote iOS app delivers unparalleled tone control from an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch*. There's no need to navigate through tiny screens and complex menus—AMPLIFi Remote allows guitarists to dial up stunning tone with ease. Plus, guitarists can create, share, download and rate tones with a cloud-based community of musicians.

AMPLIFi FX100 also takes jamming to a whole new level. Guitarists can play along with tracks in their music library via Bluetooth® streaming audio, and revolutionary tone matching automatically delivers tones that match their music library. Now guitarists can get the legendary tones of their favorite guitar players in an instant.

AMPLIFi FX100 is the perfect centerpiece for any guitar setup, featuring a wide array of inputs and outputs. Guitarists can connect to an amp, external speakers or plug in headphones to jam silently. AMPLIFi FX100 can even play music tracks from an iOS device through a home stereo, while sending guitar tone to an amplifier. AMPLIFi FX100 will change the way guitarists create, rehearse and jam.

AMPLIFi FX100 will be available May 1, 2014.
Extended their brand new AMPLIFi range, Line 6's AMPLIFi FX100 takes the AMPLIFi philosophy and encases it in this awesomely-powerful floorboard guitar effects unit. The AMPLIFi FX100 has more than 200 individual amps, effects and speaker cabinet models so you can conjure up almost any tone the world has ever known - and more.

The AMPLIFi FX 100 also acts in conjunction with the AMPLIFi Remote app for iOS devices. This means you can set up all your tones on the app with a nice graphical user interface. You are effectively controlling the AMPLIFi FX100 over bluetooth for some of the best interactivity we have yet seen to shape your own personal tone.

Since there are so many combinations and variables with the AMPLIFi FX100, it has the power to build up fantastic sounds - everything you need for even the most varied sets. Need more? Join the Line 6 community and share your tones online, and check out the most popular tones made by guitarists all over the world!

Key Features
Great sounding tone with over 200 amps, effects and speaker cabinets
Bluetooth® streaming audio (works with iOS, AndroidTM, Mac and PC)
Remotely control amp and effects parameters to dial in the perfect tone
Access, share and rate thousands of tones online
Backup and store unlimited presets in the cloud
Automatic tone matching—instantly jam along with music tracks
Here's what Line 6 say about the Amplifi FX100
AMPLIFi FX100 provides a fast and fun path to great tone, so you can tap into your creative zone—and stay there. Dial up amazing tones—including the award-winning Line 6 tones behind thousands of hit recordings—with unprecedented speed and precision. Connect AMPLIFi FX100 to your amplifier or speaker system, and change the way you create, rehearse and jam.

Unprecedented Wireless Control - Amazing tone. At your fingertips

The groundbreaking AMPLIFi Remote iOS app makes it fun to dial in great tones from your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch*. Forget about trying to navigate through tiny screens and complex menus—AMPLIFi Remote lets you dial up jaw-dropping tone with ease. Plus, you can choose from over 200 world-class amps and effects to intuitively craft signal chains. With AMPLIFi Remote, you'll experience unparalleled control over your tone.

A new way to Jam - Get ready to rock

AMPLIFi FX100 takes jamming to a whole new level. Play along with tracks in your music library via Bluetooth® streaming audio. Create, share, download and rate tones with a cloud-based community of guitarists. Revolutionary tone matching automatically delivers tones that match your music library, so you can get the legendary tones of your favorite guitarists—instantly. AMPLIFi is the best way to jam along with the music you love.

Versatility meets innovation - The inputs and outputs you need

AMPLIFi FX100 is the perfect centerpiece for your guitar setup, featuring all the inputs and outputs you need. Connect to your amp, external speakers or plug in headphones and jam silently. AMPLIFi FX100 can even play music tracks from your iOS device through your home stereo—while sending your guitar tone to your amp. Whether you're jamming, performing or listening, AMPLIFi FX100 gives you complete versatility.

Specifications
AMPLIFi FX100

8 simultaneous effects
Over 200 amps, effects and speaker cabinets
Access 100 onboard presets—and unlimited presets via AMPLIFi app*
Change presets and switch banks using 4 pro-quality, backlit footswitches
Bluetooth streaming audio for playing along with your music library (compatible with iOS, Android™, Mac and PC)*
Rugged construction with bent metal chassis
1/4" Guitar input
1/4" Headphone output, 1/4" stereo full-range balanced outputs and 1/4" Amp output
Tap tempo/tuner
AMPLIFi Remote app for iOS*

Remotely control amp and effects parameters to dial in the perfect tone
Automatic tone matching instantly provides the perfect tones for jamming with songs in your music library
Access thousands of tones online
Share and rate tones in the cloud
Backup and store unlimited presets in the cloud
Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPhone 4, iPad (3rd and 4th generation), iPad 2, iPad mini and iPod touch (5th generation)
* AMPLIFi Remote app requires a compatible iOS device. Bluetooth® audio streaming compatible with iOS, Android™, Mac and PC.

polaris20

Ah yes, Line 6. Continuing with their incredibly bad ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elantric

QuoteAh yes, Line 6. Continuing with their incredibly bad ideas.

I also share zero interest on this product. Its basically the guts of the AMPLIFI without a power amp / Speaker.

Id rather have a used 2006 POD XT Live

polaris20

Quote from: Elantric on March 14, 2014, 06:04:19 PM
I also share zero interest on this product. Its basically the guts of the AMPLIFI without a power amp / Speaker.

Id rather have a used 2006 POD XT Live

Same exact amp modeling, actually useful without a phone/tablet.

I like iOS for a lot of music related things, but dependence on it when there doesn't need to be is a bad path, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elantric

AMPLIFi v2.1 Firmware Update Adds USB Recording Functionality
The AMPLIFi v2.1 firmware update turns AMPLIFi 150, 75 and FX100 into powerful class-compliant USB interfaces for Mac, PC and iOS*, making them ideal for use with GarageBand®, Cubase®, Pro Tools®, Logic®, Ableton® Live, Cakewalk® and other pro recording platforms.

http://line6.com/fx100/

Toby Krebs

My local GC has a clean XTL for $99. Thinking about it for my lead player at church.

Elantric

That would be much better tool than the Fisher-Price Amplifi

Toby Krebs

Elantric

I bet they come up with a dumber version at NAMM

Line 6 SIMPLIFI"

with a marketing campaign of:

"Just like Dad's!"

Toby Krebs

Yeah they are not doing much at Line 6.

Sadly they seem to have become more like a lot of companies who make music gear.
Much of their best efforts are in the past.
As I have said before those little first generation Flextone combo amps were very good.
Should have kept mine.
My original POD 2.0 is also real good.

My 1982 Marshall JCM800 is so good it's ridiculous.
The new Marshall DSL I played at GC is not that good. It's okay.

My newish Fender BDRI/ HRDLX3 sound good not great.

My old Twin and Vibrolux were fricken' amazing. Stupid Good!

The Times They Are A Changin' For Line 6

right now good old Roland/Boss is really doin' it for me on almost all fronts.

imerkat

There are two other guitarist in my church, other than myself, and they both use AMPLIFi and used the Spider before that. I played through it once... that's all I have to say about that. Apparently they know their target customer base

Elantric

QuoteThere are two other guitarist in my church, other than myself, and they both use AMPLIFi and used the Spider before that.

Well, coming from a Spider, they will think they are in heaven with an Amplifi

QuoteApparently they know their target customer base

Which tells me Guitarists like me today are completely off Line 6's Radar.

Toby Krebs

Zoom is sure paying some attention though.
I just replaced a Boss ME-70 and a couple of other pedals I had been doing acoustic duo gigs with one Zoom MS50. Made a chain of effects for acoustic and set it up so the foot-switch turns the boost on and off. Sounds great.EZ to use. Going to get another one soon.