Introduce Yourself!

Started by vermelho, January 24, 2008, 09:35:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vermelho

This seems to be a golden topic in many forums, and while not obligatory, it's a way of covering some basic background.

Here goes mine:
I'm not a pro or even active musician... It's been over 10 years since I worked at music and got together with people to play on a regular basis.  It's still in my blood though, and I dream in music. The reality isn't under my fingers, but I can still amuse myself for hours if I have time, although holding an audiences attention is another thing!   I started playing 3-chord stuff when I was in my 20's, but when I started taking lessons, went through an epiphany in listening as well.  I'm principally into jazz, world and acoustic music now.  But guitar synthesis captured me when a friend purchased a G707/GR700 unit back in the '80s.   The flutes and pads combined with the live guitar were magic for me.  Later, I got a GR-1 myself, and fired that up with the Gibson factory roland +BC13.  I was always looking out for a reasonable GR-300 since I liked that Metheny sound (and others).  Sold the GR-1, got the VG-8 - but got transfixed by the VG-99 demo. Then got one at a great price... Want to go midi/soft-synth, but haven't had the time to pull it together yet.   I'm a video producer, and I've put together my own music in apple soundtrack with loops etc for several projects. Hopefully I can justify putting a bit more time into music with some more of my "real job" projects.
Roland VG-99 (doh!), Roland VG-8, Godin LGXT, Godin Nylon Multiac, Boss RC-50.
1980's Gibson LP w/ custom shop Roland install, BC-13, various period synth gear.
Digitech GSP-2101 (gathering dust), Roland JC-77 amp,
Fender pre-CBS super amp. Eastman jazz, Lowden, Taylor 12str, Adamas acoustics..