Gittler GK13 Superior Cable (WITH a right angle connector) NOW SHIPPING!

Started by sashua, May 09, 2014, 10:58:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

habious

I just ordered one of each from a Win7 machine running Firefox.  No problems.

Only issue I ran into is, I logged into the website, did all the order info, it transferred me to PayPal but, after I was done with PayPal, I didn't see any obvious way to get back to the Gittler site so, I GUESS I'm done with the order and it's complete, but it wasn't all that clear.

In the past, when I've done orders like that, there's been a "Return to da site yous was just at" link, after the PayPal transaction is completed.
-  Greg Custom Guitars "KARMA"
-  FretLight FG-421 (factory Ghost-equipped)
-  Steinberger GL7TA (non-GK)
(all guitars are lefties!)

-  VG-99
-  VGA-7 (for gigs)
-  Line6 SpiderValve MkII 212

Belzebuth

sashua do you ship to Canada?

your shipping calculator give me this message when I enter my zip code to know the shipping fees :

"There doesn't seem to be any available shipping methods. Please double check your address, or contact us if you need any help."

I just want the infos, I'm planning to order soon... if it's possible!  ???

sashua

Shipping out of the U.S. can't be calculated automatically. The price for shipment to Canada is $12
We are going to modify the back-end of the website by Monday to include shipping to foreign destinations.
Thanks for your patience.

CABLES ARE IN STOCK AND SHIPPING IMMEDIATELY AT THIS POINT.

Belzebuth

thebrushwithin

QuoteCABLES ARE IN STOCK AND SHIPPING IMMEDIATELY AT THIS POINT.
Sasha,
Will you be sending the tracking info, for those of us who have paid for the cable, or, do I need to submit another email request?
Thanks,
Mark

sashua

Note that we added Gold plating, locking connectors and assembly type construction and there will be no price increase  :D

thebrushwithin

I received my Gittler cable today. I will report more when I gig this coming weekend, but I already am very insecure about it. It is locking, but there is no release mechanism for the lock - just brute force, to disconnect. I am hoping Sashua can tell me where the secret release button is. I have a double right angle Kenwood style 13 pin that works great, but both end connectors have a lock release button, which I find to be essential to cable longevity.

Elantric

Quotebut there is no release mechanism for the lock - just brute force, to disconnect.

Actually - the Right angle Male Plug does have a release mechanism - you must grip the sides (see red circle)  of the right angle Male DIN Plug and press in direction of red arrow  to operate the release mechanism.

sashua

Thanks Steve,
Sorry guys, in my rush to get these out to everyone I neglected to include a small instruction sheet to explain that.
Steve, your cables are shipping out on Wednesday.

rolandvg99

To V or not to V: That is the question.

My little Soundcloud corner

thebrushwithin

While I feel the quality is exceptional, I do not like the lock release on the right angle. Maybe it's just me, but I have to use two hands to disconnect it. One hand to press toward the guitar, and the other to pull it out. I would have preferred a traditional button release, as it is on the other end. Anyone else have this problem?

Elantric

All right angle 13 pin DIN Male Plugs are a bit awkward to operate the "Lock release" mechanism.

When mine arrives I'll shoot a video on how to operate.

Now_And_Then

So, uh, would the people who buy this cable be correctly called "Gittlerovtsy"?

Just curious.

LarryHeil

tried the link to gittler website......got the message that this domain name has expired. What gives ? is this 13 pin cable just some sick joke ?

sashua

We had a case of fraud occur. The company credit card was compromised and then frozen by the bank. When GoDaddy tried to bill us...nada....and so instead of calling us or sending us a cancellation pending notice - they just promptly removed the site without so much as fair warning.

This was followed by several people politely asking what was wrong...and one idiot accusing me of perpetrating a "sick joke".

I have seen multiple posts over the years here. People wishing that a right angle 13 pin cable were available. I decided to take up that call and I invested in tooling and a fairly large minimum run of cables made to superior specifications.

I asked for feedback from people here and I made all the changes that were recommended to me..on my dime. It took a village - and the end result is very good.

Apparently, however, the darkness will prevail no matter what good you try to do in this world. No matter how honest you are or how dedicated you are to running a clean and positive business, you can be rest assured that there will always be hateful loudmouths pressing forward to the vanguard and voicing their vitriol for all to witness.

Days like this really reinforce the fact that we are, at best, a third rate country with our best years behind us. Every time innovation occurs, the haters come out to criticize, the legal community sees dollar signs and the manufacturing and service communities stop working right after the first billing cycle.

Very sad indeed.

whippinpost91850

Sashua, I saw that and am sorry someone subjected you to such a rude comment. Is the site back up and running?

sashua

Elantric

sashua,

Sorry you had to suffer that type comment - particularly since your company has invested considerable time and effort, listened and responded to end users requests - even retooled the Gittler controls to add all the important GK-3 Vol and S1 & S2 Switches.

But know we do have more "window shoppers", here who remain on the fence with all  13 pin products, as they browse here daily to find any horror stories.

Human nature is tough on social internet forums, and its a fact bulk of Electric Guitarists tend to feel empowered by the "Lord of the Fly's / 3rd grade bullies in the school yard"  syndrome, where anything that looks atypical and intimidating and fearful, ( like MIDI Guitar ) gets destroyed, for short term self endorphin rush.

LarryHeil

My apologies for my rude comment. >:(  I have just started to follow this great forum and did not know of gittler's past.) I was interested in his 13 pin cable and when I tried to learn more I got "this domain name is no longer valid", I thought "oh no, not another scam". and was disappointed that I could not obtain this superior cable. There is a web site now and if he will let me , I plan to buy this cable (if I had checked a few days earlier or later this would not have happened.)

Pete1959

Just a note to say thanks to sashua. I received my 2 cables today.

I did notice the problem with the 90 degree connector and in fact, it is still stuck inside my GP-10.
Not worried though as I will examine my second cable and figure it out tomorrow as I'm too tired tonight. Very long day at work and I'm feeling clumsy and don't wanna screw up.

Just a heads up to anyone plugging the right angle connector into the GP-10. I also noticed that the right angle connector body is too large to fit into the GK-3 on my WW2 Strat.

I also have a GC-1 Strat and GR-55 at my band's rehearsal studio so I will try the cable this weekend on them. The hope is to use the right angle connector on the GC-1 which looks to be a perfect match.

Thanks again sashua for the fast delivery

hoaithang

Quote from: Elantric on May 14, 2014, 07:06:39 AM

It would appear you are using  molded in" 13pin DIN male plugs on each end of the cable - if this is true its important to mention this "feature"  to buyers..

hoaithang

Quote from: sashua on May 09, 2014, 10:58:37 AM
Gittler Instruments is proud to announce our release of a new, better engineered D13 cable.

We were tired of buying very poor quality cables to use with our instruments and felt that our customers deserved something that was consistent with the superior MIDI tracking guitar that we sell.

The cable is 1/4" Dia. and contains 13 conductors of 26 AWG high purity 99.95% OFHC Copper in a braided Aluminum shield. Ends are locking, assembly-type with GOLD PLATED pins and grounding to barrel - and here's the best part...one end is a right angle so it get's out of the way when you want it to. You can check out the diagram for specific pin orientation and I can post some pictures on Monday when I am back at the office. This is a very high quality cable that we designed to preserve the integrity of the audio signal and you will notice the difference!

We offer the cable in both a 12 ft. length for $64.95 and an 18 ft. length for $79.95 and it is NOW SHIPPING

Go to www.gittlerinstruments and get yours while they last!

Russ Rubman
Gittler Instruments LLC

hoaithang

Quote from: sashua on May 09, 2014, 10:58:37 AM
Gittler Instruments is proud to announce our release of a new, better engineered D13 cable.

We were tired of buying very poor quality cables to use with our instruments and felt that our customers deserved something that was consistent with the superior MIDI tracking guitar that we sell.

The cable is 1/4" Dia. and contains 13 conductors of 26 AWG high purity 99.95% OFHC Copper in a braided Aluminum shield. Ends are locking, assembly-type with GOLD PLATED pins and grounding to barrel - and here's the best part...one end is a right angle so it get's out of the way when you want it to. You can check out the diagram for specific pin orientation and I can post some pictures on Monday when I am back at the office. This is a very high quality cable that we designed to preserve the integrity of the audio signal and you will notice the difference!

We offer the cable in both a 12 ft. length for $64.95 and an 18 ft. length for $79.95 and it is NOW SHIPPING

Go to www.gittlerinstruments and get yours while they last!

Russ Rubman
Gittler Instruments LLC

I'd like to know how is flexible compare to Roland GKC cable or Carvin midi cable
is it have rubber jacket or hard pvc plastic, problem is we moving around on stage and don't want a twisting cable
Please let us know more about "flexible" cable

thanks

sashua

Well, I suppose I am biased (since I make them) but they are definitely not hard plastic. They are quite flexible.
Anyone else care to comment?