Interesting model of "USB to USB isolator"

Started by Gaustu, February 11, 2014, 02:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaustu

Hi

I got my awaited device planned to use with Axon USB and it eliminates ALL THE DIGI HISS.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141158966479?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

As I expected it fixed all decay-kinda-glitches of Axon that was present sometimes in USB mode. My jaw was dropped.  I was going to order another instance of it immediately to use sometimes with GR-55.
I disconnected it from Axon, connected it to GR-55 and alas. Ho hiss, but no driver working.
I tried it with USB printer then - all is ok.
So whatever I tried with GR brought no luck.
GR55 driver is visible in all hosts but it tells that device is disconnected. The control panel of GR55 driver does not open. Everything turns ok when I connect usb cable directly again (but with damn hiss of course)

Will somebody tell here something interesting about it?? :o
Parker PDF85 modified: Sustainiac, SD TB-4, Piezo Hexpander 13 pin out.
GR-55 mod with 13 din thru, 6 analog outputs D-Sub => Presonus FS Mobile  8 analog inputs.
NI Reactor matchHEX Guitar Framer Ensemble custom.

Elantric

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141158966479?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Reviewing the specs reveals why it does not work with GR-55, Since this USB Isolator does NOT support USB 2.0 "high speed" 480 Mb/s required by the Roland GR-55 USB Driver.
"ADUM4160 Support USB 2.0 "full speed" 12Mb/s  , but not "high speed" 480 Mb/s."

Gaustu

Ah!
That was my far guess.

BTW, Where could I read about GR-55's USB specifications from? :o

thank you

I am not sure if I need so bad another USB isolator to work with GR-55 but I got curious to find that which maintains 480 mb/s but I can't find it on eBay.

I wonder if here are somebody except Steve who have an experience with it?
Parker PDF85 modified: Sustainiac, SD TB-4, Piezo Hexpander 13 pin out.
GR-55 mod with 13 din thru, 6 analog outputs D-Sub => Presonus FS Mobile  8 analog inputs.
NI Reactor matchHEX Guitar Framer Ensemble custom.

sixeight

ericar123

I wonder if I bought one isolator , could I plug a hub into it and have more than one music device work? Anyone know?

gumtown

Quote from: ericar123 on October 18, 2018, 07:36:56 AM
I wonder if I bought one isolator , could I plug a hub into it and have more than one music device work? Anyone know?
Probably to no advantage, the isolator would need to supply enough current to run the hub and any USB powered equipment connected down stream.
Plus the computer would be isolated, but all the connected not isolated with each other, causing noise anyway.

That is only my opinion (IMO), and your millage may vary (YMMV), and I might be wrong.  :D   
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

admin

QuoteThat is only my opinion (IMO), and your millage may vary (YMMV), and I might be wrong

I share your opinion