Tommy Emmanuel & Friends at the Balboa Theatre on PBS

Started by notnomiistakes, May 22, 2011, 11:59:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

notnomiistakes

He recorded a PBS special here in San Diego in Feb.  It already aired here recently.  Googled it and it looks like it's going to be for all PBS starting in June drive.

Pam Rose, Frank Vignola, Vinny Raniolo and Anthony Snape

Tommy Emmanuel & Friends Promo Reel

BeebGoldtone

PRS Custom Signature, Zion T-top, Zion w/internal GK p-up, Mesa MK IV, Mesa Simul-satellite,Custom made 2x10 stereo cabs.,Roland GR-1, GR-55, VG-99. Korg A3. Boss RC-50 Looper,Behringer V-Amp pro.

Kevin M

Simply an amazing guitarist!  Plus, my dad likes him, so we go see him together. It's kind of cool going to see a concert (of sorts) with your dad! :-)

Sent via mobile device

notnomiistakes

Never saw him live but twice on PBS and many YouTube.  he is an awesome guitarist, performer and he percussionizes on guitar body.  after my jaw drops I just enjoy it

percussionizes = gotta see him to define  :)

ProgMystic

Tommy truly is a stunning player and a really nice guy. I've done FOH for him a couple times. The easiest gig in the world, tune the system, give him lot's of load foldback and he does the rest. Wicked player! 8)
Once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken.

Elantric

Toby Krebs

Yeah that guy can play! And with a huge amount of emotional content as well! Love Him!

gumbo

Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

notnomiistakes

admin

Tommy and Phil showing off their guitar and performance skills during this show in France in 2001. Doing a medley of songs, with everything from AC/DC to television show theme songs. At eleven minutes in Tommy breaks a string but switches guitars 'cause they're havin' way too much fun to stop! One of the best performances I've seen of them as they pull out all their old tricks from playing each others guitars to both playing the same guitar. If you enjoy this video you might want to check out my video "Tommy and Phil Emmanuel - Four hands One Guitar" which they play the Twelfth Street Rag, as the do in this video too.

taupo_axeman

Tommy is such an awesome and inspirational acoustic guitarist, his Centre Stage DVD is one of my favourite in my music collection, and gets my heart racing every time.  I watch him and wonder why we need all this techie stuff :)  his main equipment on stage is a couple of old 16-bit Midiverb 3's.
It's worth remembering he was a great rock guitarist way back too...

BTW saw brother Phil playing in a bar a few weeks ago (Broadbeach Queensland, Oz).  Succumbing to backing tracks, but still a great performer.
https://www.gigbag.app/
Guitars: 1975 Strat, Godin XTSA, Maton Acoustic, Roland GC1
Amp:Tech 21 Trademark 60
P.A.: Mackie SRM 450's, 15 Mackie Active Subs
Floor: Boss GP-10, VG8 EX, VG-88
Studio: Logic Pro, Omnisphere, Korg Triton, Tria Event speakers
www.tasmanhoppers.com/music/

admin