GR-55 - keyboard sound for Springsteen tunes

Started by banditt11, April 20, 2011, 09:03:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

banditt11

Going to do some Springsteen tunes. Anybody worked out anything close to that sound ? We are doing Glory days and some others from the 80's thanks for any ideas.
Frank Betts
2012 American Strat
Gibson double cut faded guitar
Peavey Classic 30 tube amp
Peavey Bandit Special
ME-70 foot pedal
GR-55 Roland synth
www.frontcentermusician.blogspot.com

banditt11

For what it's worth. I found my sound. 8)
Frank Betts
2012 American Strat
Peavey Bandit Special
ME-70 foot pedal
GR-55 Roland synth

kenact

Godin Session & Montreal FTP, LGXT, LGX SA, Redline, ACS, A12, A11, A10, A4
Danoblaster Baritone w/GK-3
Gretsch Nashville, Viking
Fender Strats
Fret King Supermatic
Larrivee DV03RE
Parker Midi Fly
Seagull, S&P 12
VOX Phantom XII
GR-55, 33, 30, 20, GI-20, RC-50, US-20, VG-99, VP-7
Sentient 6
Cyr 7

banditt11

Frank Betts
2012 American Strat
Peavey Bandit Special
ME-70 foot pedal
GR-55 Roland synth

paults

Its very "Jump meets Springsteen meets Separate Ways" - certainly fits the material. 

I've just started nosing around the synths (been working on guitar sounds first).  I heard a Brass/Strings combo PCM sound that could be layed with a Bell sound to give you another common sound from that era.  For that kind of sound, try shifting both synths up an octave higher than your normal guitar.  Play the guitar parts with low chords, and add Brass/Strings for a prechorus or chorus, and assign the bells to CTL, so you could bring them in and out for chorus repeats, or in between verses, etc. 

banditt11

Quote from: paults on April 24, 2011, 06:28:15 PM
Its very "Jump meets Springsteen meets Separate Ways" - certainly fits the material. 

I've just started nosing around the synths (been working on guitar sounds first).  I heard a Brass/Strings combo PCM sound that could be layed with a Bell sound to give you another common sound from that era.  For that kind of sound, try shifting both synths up an octave higher than your normal guitar.  Play the guitar parts with low chords, and add Brass/Strings for a prechorus or chorus, and assign the bells to CTL, so you could bring them in and out for chorus repeats, or in between verses, etc.
I am still soaking all this in as far as adding to a sound. I'm definitly taking notes. I'll mess around with that sound and add in what your suggesting and experiment with that. Been waiting to get some dialogue like that going. Thanks for your ideas.
Frank Betts
2012 American Strat
Peavey Bandit Special
ME-70 foot pedal
GR-55 Roland synth