Avid Eleven Rack

Started by Elantric, January 14, 2014, 09:59:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

New Eleven Rack Editor

The Eleven Rack Editor is coming soon...

We are so excited about our upcoming release of the new standalone Eleven® Rack Editor that we sent the email announcing its availability a little prematurely. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Our plan is to have the Eleven Rack Editor announced at the NAMM Show 2014. We'll send you another email as soon as it's available.

Our apologies again—thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,
The Avid audio team

http://apps.avid.com/eleven-rack/?elq_mid=8727&elq_cid=10535881

Eleven Rack players have made it the #1 request, and we're thrilled to deliver what you asked for. Meet the Eleven Rack Editor*—a 64-bit standalone version of the Eleven Rack Control Window found in Pro Tools 10 and earlier software that provides a more intuitive way to get the sounds you need from your rig, faster.

Easily configure Eleven Rack using your Mac or PC, without launching Pro Tools
Change guitar pedal, amp, and speaker settings using the graphical interface
Download and play thousands of presets from elevenrackpresets.com and other portals
Register to download your free Eleven Rack Editor and get that perfect guitar tone now.

* Please note that the Eleven Rack Editor only works with Eleven Rack systems and requires a 64-bit operating system—Windows 8, Windows 7, or OS X 10.8 or later.

Kevin M

This is great news!  Thanks for posting!

Elantric

Avid Eleven Rack stand alone Editor is now available
New features and updated manuals too
http://akmedia.digidesign.com/support/docs/Eleven_Rack_User_Guide_80930.pdf

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/troubleshooting/Eleven-Rack-Editor

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/download/Eleven-Rack-Drivers

QuoteUSB 3.0 Notes
Do not attempt to use Eleven Rack (or any Avid USB audio interfaces) with USB 3.0 ports on Windows 7 systems, as this is unsupported, and will probably result in frequent blue screens.
Windows 8 supports USB 3.0 for use with audio interfaces, but a blue screen will occur if an interface connected to a USB 3.0 port is disconnected.
Connection to USB 3.0 ports is supported on Mac systems.

Jerry K

Just wondering if anyone can comment on the sounds of Eleven Rack vs/ the VG-99 and GP-10 when using only the 1/4 input.  Primarily with regards to Fender Marshal type tones.  I am really liking the GP-10 but have always been curious about the eleven rack.

Thanks!

Kevin M

Sound quality is actually pretty decent on the 11R. I no longer have mine, so I can't A/B it now. Decent I/O options on it, too. I would advise to check used on eBay vs buying new, though. It's decent, but not overwhelming and I wouldn't pay new retail for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Elantric

I cant get a decent smooth slightly breakup tube amp sound out of my Eleven Rack - (probably has the worst Cab Sim since the 2006 Zoom G9.2tt - IMHO.)

I was using a guitar into the Eleven Rack and just monitoring with a pair of Audio Technica ATH-M50X headphones to judge the sounds of the Eleven Rack  - lots of bad rice crispy sounds anytime distortion happens. 
  http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ATHM50x

Prove me wrong -  and post an Eleven Rack Vox AC30 patch you think sounds great?

Jerry K

I wonder if AVID has any plans to come out with any new guitar stuff at NAMM?

Bojan

Hi Gyus  Here is my new YT.Video.
I am not a fast player, and I'm not doing it fast and smooth as it does Zakk Wylde.
But i make some Zakk Wylde presets on 11R through this video and improvisation.
This time without Roland GR-55 :) It's just me and my Eleven Rack. .I hope that you'll like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=CzY5McHcD9g/url]

Vade

That was my first time hearing an 11R recording. I liked the tone and your playing so thanks for sharing!
Drachen; Fender FTP Strat w/internal GK-3, Godin xtSA w/FTP, Boss GP-10, VoiceLive 3, Scarlett 18i8, ZBox IQ01, On-Lap 1502i, D:fine 4088, 4E Dual Axis Exp Pedal, VoiceSolo FX-150, Yamaha DXR 10, Gem. M2 Flute, Special 20 Harmonicas. Fender Deluxe Reverb Mahogany Cane.

https://soundcloud.com/vadie

sloopdawg

alexmcginness

Im plannin to get an eleven rack after hearing this. https://soundcloud.com/angel-reca/machine-gun-demo-mix-8-4-2015?utm_source=soundcloud&utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=facebook

heres another bit from the same guy.

VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.

stratrat

I've been using an Eleven Rack quite happily for a few years. It's not perfect, but like the Roland units we all know and love, it's more than good enough to make good music. I'm a firm believer that the music comes from me and I'll always find a way to get it out, whether I'm in a big studio with all the mod cons or jamming with a friend on a diddley-bow and "found" instruments. As with any gear, I try not to worry too much about any limitations, but rather spend my time finding out what it does well and using that to make music.

I was one of the guys petitioning Avid for the editor and I'm happy to now have it, it's a great piece of control software. However, I find I don't use it as much as I thought I would - mainly only when reamping or backing up. The vast majority of my tone sculpting is done while I have a guitar in my hands and the 11R is right next to me, so most tweaking is still done from the front panel. I find the same is true with Gumtown's (truly excellent) GR-55 Floorboard - they are both invaluable when I'm in front of a screen and console, but while playing, the units themselves are more useful and convenient to work with.

alexmcginness

Quote from: stratrat on August 12, 2015, 01:30:26 AM
I've been using an Eleven Rack quite happily for a few years. It's not perfect, but like the Roland units we all know and love, it's more than good enough to make good music.

I dont think any of these processors are perfect. Heck Ive got a couple of great amps and theres things about them I wish were different but they can be used to do the job. Right now these are going new for $560 US. not a bad deal IMO. That Hendrix tone is spot on in the Machine Gun clip. When I first heard it I thought it was from the recording made earlier that night at the Filmore. It sounds that close to me.
VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.

mbenigni

Agreed.  The YouTube video is OK, but the SoundCloud clip is exceptional.  Doesn't hurt that the guy can play.  :)

Elantric

I wonder what Cab setting is used on the Eleven Rack, I figure he used third party IR cabs in post production.

My a Eleven Rack  collects dust because stand alone, it suffers from the worst "Full of fizz" speaker cab sims  I've heard since the 2005 POD XT.

mbenigni

Quote...the worst Full of fizz I've heard since the 2005 POD XT.

Now that is a damning review.  :)

whippinpost91850

He makes that patch sound good. I never felt like my Eleven Rack was that dynamic. And always seemed a bit fizzy on the high end. In fact I havent turned it on since I got my Kemper 3 yrs ago. Thanks for sharing, I think I'll revisit the Eleven Rack later

alexmcginness

the guy told me that the Filmore 69 patch was part of an extra patch bank he bought from Avid. I think he said it was around $100. Id get it just for the Hendrix stuff as hes done a few Hendrix type things and they all sound pretty good IMO.

stratrat

There's a guy with the user name singtall who makes great patches for the 11R. https://sites.google.com/site/singtallelevenracksuperpack/home He's got some free samples and you can download his whole collection for a donation of any amount.

Key is his use of EQ - he basically sets up the EQ to simulate a 24 dB/8ve LPF at 5KHz and a more subtle 4 dB/8ve HPF at 250 Hz. More on this and a few other EQ tips here: http://www.elevenrackpresets.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=42068&page=1

alexmcginness

Thanks stratrat, Ill be getting those when I pick up my 11 rack. I cant believe the sound for the price.

I just breifly read a bit from your second link where they were talking about using the filters. Bill Rupert recomended the same thing for the VG-99. You roll off that fizzy high end and wham, the sound is just amazing.

Elantric

QuoteThanks stratrat, Ill be getting those when I pick up my 11 rack. I cant believe the sound for the price.

Post a review of the Avid Eleven rack . I needed Protools for a job, and viewed the Eleven Rack bundle as the lowest price  - but here with mine, due to the extremely poor gritty sound of the Eleven Rack's Headphone output (feeding ATH-M50 cans), I  use it more as a USB AES/EBU Audio interface than a guitar processor. ( I own several other DSP Modelers  that sound 1000% better than Eleven Rack - KPA, BIAS FX, GP-10, GT-100 REV 2, Mustang Floor, Vox VX II, even the old Vox Tonelab SE gets far more use than my Eleven Rack  ) ) ) Also when Protools occasionally goes wonky and wont start, only fix is  reconnecting the Avid Eleven Rack and set as the Protools Audio interface always resolves the issue, and lets me get back working with my preferred interface (currently a Scarlet 18i20)

alexmcginness

I wont be getting the 11 rack untill mid nov. Im off to do boats for sept-oct so no sense in getting one now as the exchange between the CND and the USD is awful. If your 11 rack is fizzy you may want to try what Bill Rupert suggested with the vg-99 and use filters and roll off the high end. I take my 99 patches down to 4k with the filter. Any fizz is gone and the patches are meaty.

Quote from: Elantric on August 12, 2015, 10:22:05 AM
Post a review of the Avid Eleven rack . I needed Protools for a job, and viewed the Eleven Rack bundle as the lowest price  - but here with mine, due to the poor sound I  use it more as an AES EBU Audio interface than a guitar processor. ( I own 5 others that sound 1000% better to me - KPA, BIAS FX, GP-10, GT-100 REV 2, Mustang Floor, Vox VX II) ) ) Also when Protools occasionally goes wonky and wont boot, - reconnecting the Avid Eleven Rack as the main Audio interface always resolves the issue, and lets me get back working with my preferred interface (currently a Scarlet 18i20)

This is something Ive found with a lot of gear in that Ive tried something that to me sounds weak yet you hear someone else getting a killer sound and theyre using the kit you think is garbage. The sound cloud clip of this guy playing Machine Gun to me is spot on. Hopefully I can get that kind of quality out of it.
   Im not concerned with the Pro tools bundle as Ive tried Pro Tools a couple of times and found it was way behind Nuendo/Cubase so I never pursued using it. Lots of people swear by PT others swear at it. Guess ya just gotta work with what works for you.
   Ill do a review of this early December.

Elantric

QuoteIm not concerned with the Pro tools bundle as Ive tried Pro Tools a couple of times and found it was way behind Nuendo/Cubase so I never pursued using it. Lots of people swear by PT others swear at it.

I actually dislike Protools - get more with Reaper
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=15880.msg113461#msg113461

or Logic

I just needed Protools for a paying contract job laying down guitar tracks,  where they required genuine Protools tracks.

Elantric

Blueswaite

Tried one not impressed no doubt I will be keeping GP-10.
Eleven Rack had a very boxes sound no matter what I went into.
I know sound is subjective but GP-10 wins hands down.
Thanks