GR-55 - MesaBoogie patch

Started by creart, June 13, 2013, 05:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

creart

Here's a patch I use for melodic solo work...
a MesaBoogie amp and a LesPaul model
hitting the CTL adds sort of a 'split delay' to 'break' the left and right channel apart a bit...
actually I would have liked to have what is known as 'sample delay' in Logic... but can't really get the same sort of effect here
a least it 'broadens;' the effect

hope you like it...
I've added a demo mp3

cheers
Hans

creart

Added one more also MesaBoogie, same principle only more distorted..
again with a demo mp3...

cheers
Hans

Jim Wintringham

Roland GR-55
Wechter Pathmaker PM 7354
Brian Moore i91.13 (China)
Zoom G2
Ventris Dual Reverb
Roland kc-300

Toby Krebs

Nice patches. The second one sounds a bit like Mr. Petrucci. I have found the Mesa sounds to be some of the weirdest to work with in the GR55 and the real amps have been like that for me too LOL! Thanks for posting these!

creart

Thanx guys  :D
Ya Toby I absolutely love Petrucci's sound (not to mention his playing.....) so I wouldn't be surprised if the sound would be a bit influenced  ;D
I built these patches to sound a bit near to the PODXTLive's patches that I normally use
Glad you like'm anyway

cheers
Hans

Toby Krebs

You are on the right path. Pretty soon you wont use that POD. The GR55 has a lot more and I can hear you are finding it. Your use of delay is excellent.Remember to turn down the Mic. level in the amp model. They are set to 100 from the factory and sound like a blown out mic. diaphragm set that high. Keep up the good work!

creart

Ya thanks Toby, the GR obviously has a lot more to offer with the synths and such, but I must say that I do like my POD very much too, especially 'cause I use a Variax that combines SO neatly with the POD...
And I actually would love to combine both live but haven't found a good mode that yet...

Ah - I hadn't thought of the mic level!!! I heard some noise like sort of clipping in other patches I did but totally passed out on the mic level... doh.... thanks for clearing that up!!!!!

cheers
Hans

papabuss

Great sound and nice playing a Mesa boogie, Hans! I like it. :)
FENDER STRATOCASTER (1974); BRIAN MAY RED SPECIAL; VG 99; GR 55; Yamaha DX 7

Music was my first love and it will be my last (JOHN MILES)

creart

Glad you like it Papabuss  ;D

cheers
hans

aliensporebomb

Sounded great to me.  Very nice one!
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

whippinpost91850

Just downloaded can't wait to try 8)

creart

the-destructor

Another "thumbs-up" from me. VERY NICE. Thanks for your time and effort.

shay111

grip

Super sounds and very nice playing, thank you for sharing your work creart  8)

Kind regards

creart

Thank you guys! I'm glad the sounds are useful!!!

Toby Krebs

I played both patches to backing tracks for my practice session for over an hour yesterday! And I don't even like Mesa Boogie amps LOL!!!! Thank you. You are damn good at patch creation with the right balance of gain reverb and distortion. Very well done!

creart

Gee thanks Toby!!! That's quite a compliment  ;D
I hope I can add some other patches soon and that they live up to this :-)
cheers
Hans

myksara

Superb patches!..keep them coming ;D
Guitars: Ibanez Prestige S5470, Ibanez Jem 7v, Ibanez JS2410, PRS SE Custom24, Cort  Ltd G16, Ibanez RG370Ahmz,
MultiFX: Roland GR55, Zoom 1on, BOSS GT00
Loopers: Digitech trio+, Line 6 JM4
MIDI:, MAudio Axiom24 keyboard, Alesis IO Dock with iPad air 2

quickdraw

Very natural sounding - esp the first patch- am downloading them and will try them out on my setup. Thanks !

whippinpost91850

Very nice patch, and excellent playing on the demo. thanks for sharing

shopstartuk

Great patch and tone ... Im using it for a lot of my lead work

What do you use for main rhythm work both clean and crunch?

thanks again
Fender Strat Plus Delux
Fender Tele 60th
Roland GR 55

Toby Krebs

A good friend of mine who plays a Mesa amp came by to check out my GR55 effect loop mod and found your Mesa patch and went crazy playing the hell out of it for 20 minutes LOL!!! He could not believe it! In fact we agreed it sounds better than his 50 watt Express!

creart

@shopstartuk
Thanx... I'll have to look into it and get back later

@Toby Krebs
Way cool!!!!!  ;D

cheers
Hans

creart

@shopstartuk

Here are 2 comps - a clean and a 'dirtier' one.. I've put both leads with it in one file 'cause I'm not entirely sure I haven't changed them just a bit...

I've added a demo piece
it's MesaBoogieL2 lead over 8 bars Comp2 - which is the cleanest, then 8 bars Comp1
and then
it's MesaBoogieLd lead over 8 bars Comp2 and 8 bars Comp1

cheers
Hans