VG-99 - USB Drivers crashes my Music Programs

Started by Occams Razor, October 19, 2008, 04:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Occams Razor

I've got the updated Editor and Librarian and the proper USB Driver with Windows XP.

All I want the USB driver for is to edit patches, I don't care about recording and all that other stuff.

However, with the USB driver installed, I will get random crashes with Acid, Ableton Live etc etc, which makes me lose a LOT
of work, because the crashes are so random, after uninstalling the USB driver everything is fine.

I know about the Advanced and Standard mode for the USB driver, I had it in Advanced, and was too pissed off to try Standard Mode before
uninstalling it.

Will using Standard mode allow me to still use the Editor and Librarian and HOPEFULLY Eliminate the crashes the USB driver was causing me with the other programs?

Elantric

Standard Mode for VG-99 USB Driver will work fine for the Editor and Librarian

You only need Advanced Mode if you wish to record / playback audio via the VG-99 over USB 

=====

Quote from: Occams Razor on October 19, 2008, 04:53:30 PM
I've got the updated Editor and Librarian and the proper USB Driver with Windows XP.

All I want the USB driver for is to edit patches, I don't care about recording and all that other stuff.

However, with the USB driver installed, I will get random crashes with Acid, Ableton Live etc etc, which makes me lose a LOT
of work, because the crashes are so random, after uninstalling the USB driver everything is fine.

I know about the Advanced and Standard mode for the USB driver, I had it in Advanced, and was too pissed off to try Standard Mode before
uninstalling it.

Will using Standard mode allow me to still use the Editor and Librarian and HOPEFULLY Eliminate the crashes the USB driver was causing me with the other programs?

Occams Razor

Quote from: sustainiac on October 20, 2008, 10:59:08 AM
Standard Mode for VG-99 USB Driver will work fine for the Editor and Librarian

You only need Advanced Mode if you wish to record / playback audio via the VG-99 over USB 

=====

Ahhhhh, that's what I was hoping to hear (read), I hope that it was the MODE of the drier and not the driver itself.
I'll give it a go

s0c9

I've not had any issues with my setup... which is more complex than yours. 

I'm running XP64.. so I run the VG-99 drivers [advanced mode] inside a XP [32 bit] SP2 VM instance, in/out -> VM USB interface -> XP64's USB -> to VG99... recording using Reaper.

I have no issues... at all.

Rojoyinc

Mine also very stable so far. Using latest drivers, USB for input and output of audio AND midii... in and out of VG-99 recording midi and audio with Mackie Tracktion 3.  (I've tried many and this one is super slick).

Last night I also somehow eliminated the laggy echo.
Ron, GR, MI
Strats (John Mayer & AmDlx Ash) Fretlight
Gibson LP cust
Tayor T5 Koa, Solidbody walnut custom
Alesis DM5, MM6 synth
Line6 UX8, Mesa LonestarSP, Fender Acoustasonic
MicroCube, Fender Champ 600, BR-600, DP-02CF PortaStudio
HarmonyMan, VocalistLive4, CuBase, SECURITY SYSTEM ;-)