backing track equipment

Started by sean_b, January 10, 2013, 04:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sean_b

guys, might be a stupid question but i am new to all this malarky and boarder line stupid as well ;)

i know i can upload songs to the rc 300 for looping over but what kind of equipment would i need to connect to the rc 300 to play backing tracks? i am thinking of something that can be triggered when the looper starts, i assume something that is sync'ed together. what are my options?

cheers
sean b

FreeTime

Why not use one of the tracks on the Looper itself and save it ?

sean_b

i am currently doing that for some of the tracks, i try and loop as much of the set fresh but i lose the track it is recorded on leaving 2 tracks for looping over and some i would like 3 tracks. i can get bass and drum tracks only and want to loop over them.
cheers
sean b

shawnb

The AUX IN jack is a normal 1/8"stereo jack intended for iPod (or other music player) connections.  So you can bring your iPod along & play tracks to that.   
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

sean_b

yeah shawn i know i can go through the aux. can the ipods be foot triggered?

Zymos

Quote from: sean_b on January 11, 2013, 11:52:44 AM
yeah shawn i know i can go through the aux. can the ipods be foot triggered?

Do they have Bluetooth, or a ability to connect MIDI? Cause then the answer would be "yes".

Threeleggedyoyo

You might try a Boss JS-5 Jamstation. I don't understand everything they do but they sound like they might be just the ticket for you.

If you just need bass and drum, there are drum machines that can cover that as well and can sync via midi.