GR-55 - Sitar Oriental + mp3

Started by papabuss, September 28, 2012, 09:17:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

papabuss

Made a patch for "all our oriental music loving members" with a sitar and strings/brass in the background. Added a very quick mp3 (recorded in one track/pass)
You can control the sitar volume with the EXP.
Enjoy!
FENDER STRATOCASTER (1974); BRIAN MAY RED SPECIAL; VG 99; GR 55; Yamaha DX 7

Music was my first love and it will be my last (JOHN MILES)

bobdullam

I have been downloading TONS of sounds made by members here. I just got the librarian working, and am making slow but steady progress getting a grip on the gr-55. It is addicting. which is darn good. problem is that I can't put it down..lol.
I think that roland should take some of these great sounds, and put them in the shipped gr-55 to music stores. The musicians here all are working musicians, who have to have sounds that they can use to sell their CD's, work in cover bands of all styles, this is where the beauty of this unit is. I know guys who phyisically drag 1/2 doz. guitars. A strat, a paul, a slide, etc. and maybe a couple of amps, now you only need one good guitar, and something that will give the audience good lows, mids, and highs, and clean as a whistle, and let the gr-55, and/or VG-99 do the rest. Frank Gambale was using a double neck to do his special tuning, and have standard tuning. And he mentioned how heavy it was. The future of guitar may only be as a vehicle for these kinds of gear.

papabuss

THX for your comments and compliments. :)

efzett

My first post: wow ... amazing.
This sound will make my belly dance. No easy job  ;)

Thank you  :D
Too much ... but not enough ...

papabuss

Long ago. Over two years by now.
Once again THX for the compliments.
Vielen Dank.  :)
P.S. Willkommen im VG Forum, efzett! ; :)