GR-55 - Larry Carlton Room 335

Started by Jeremy Hall, September 17, 2011, 04:07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeremy Hall

My first attempt at a patch for the GR-55. :o

Trying to emulate the lead sound on the well known track Room 335 (and quite a few others on that album).
Sounds like there's some kind of light chorus/double tracking on the actual track but I have left it out of this patch for now to create a purer tone.
Also I wasn't sure what amp he was using so I experimented with a few different ones and the Tweed seemed closest.

Enjoy!
J

Jeremy Hall

Thanks jellyfishsquid, 

I think the BG amp models (19 to 21) are Mesa Boogie amps so I will experiment with these and see what I can come up with.

Cheers
J

tebrewster

Thanks Jezebabe for the patch I'm new member to the group.

Jeremy Hall

You're welcome tebrewster  :)

It's taken a bit of time due to the birth of my first baby  :o  Anyway, I have had a bit of a play with the BG amp models and they all sound great! I think they are all useful amp sounds to have available with the 335 guitar model. The BG rhythm model is the cleanest and is my favourite - useful for songs like It Was Only Yesterday. The other two are BG Drive and BG Lead with progressively more gain. See what you think.

bgr = BG Rhythm
bgd = BG Drive
bgl = BG Lead

Jez

aliensporebomb

Is this Jezzy Lewis by any chance?  I like your playing a lot!  Welcome to vguitarforums!
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

Jeremy Hall

Sorry to disappoint but no it's not Jezzy Lewis (I agree she is great though)  8)

Jez

lepoulbot

hi to all,
just sign up on the forum...so my first post
glad i've found topic about Larry Carlton, as well as Metheny and others.
according a book i have, Carlton use his es335 with Fender and MesaBoogie amps from 1971 to 1982...then Dumble.
thanks for patches !

ps : hope my english is good enough !

Machh_2

hi...
plz, what program can i use to transfer this file to GR55?

How much money cost to do this downloads? have copyright or is free?

tnx...

Brent Flash

Quote from: Machh_2 on December 20, 2011, 06:13:15 AM
hi...
plz, what program can i use to transfer this file to GR55?

How much money cost to do this downloads? have copyright or is free?
Should be able to use the GR-55 LIBRARIAN to load into the GR-55. And it is free.

Machh_2

yamahaysg

Hi there, and sorry to be a pain - i really LOVE the Mr335 bgr patch but every time I save it it changes drastically? Ihave tried mesig about with CTRL and EXP settings but to no avail. I can get the SOLO sound to stay on but cannot change the pickup to FRONt without it changing when I write? Please help - thanks.

Elantric

Use Gumtown's GR-55 Floorboard Editor and load the patch under question. This has a patch text dump feature that allows you to read the GR-55 Patch parameter settings and control assignments.
You will drive yourself nuts without it.

Gumtown's GR-55 FloorBoard Editor
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=2951.0

https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

yamahaysg