SY-300- Synthorchestra - Take That, Mel9!

Started by Rhcole, July 02, 2016, 03:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhcole

Actually, the Mel 9 is a terrific product and this doesn't sound anything like it. In fact, both of these together are 1/4" synth orchestra heaven. This should cover many of your background pad needs where you are faking synth orchestra pads.

Belewguitar

Mp3!  ;D
NO my guitar isn't broken, its just missing its head.

JiveTurkey

This one was one of my favorite presets you posted, Rhcole. Digging on it alot!

Rhcole

Hey JT,

Feel free to upload your own MP3s of the patches. I realized that others have very different takes on how to use the patches after Belewguitar posted his over the weekend. I'm interested in how others use them.

gobi

...sorry  for my bad english, i'm from germany

gobi

and also very good to include a pedal here! Thanx again for his nice stuff°!
...sorry  for my bad english, i'm from germany

infield13

Love your presets, thanks for sharing. Forgive my ignorance, I can't seem to remove the guitar sound from your settings as I provide that with my Zoom G5 which I have, along with the SY-300, going  into a mixer to bring each in and out or together.  What setting do I use to cut the direct guitar part within your presets and leave the effect? I can see what you are doing through the Tone Studio.

... If it 'aint broke, mod it 'till it is...

Rick

Rhcole

Sorry, I don't have Tone Studio in front of me right now, but you can remove the regular guitar at multiple points in the chain. Probably the simplest is to just adjust the mixer at the end of the chain. Leave the synth up high and drop the regular guitar out.

I use the return input for regular guitar these days which has a bit different routing, so I have to remind myself how I constructed the older patches...

infield13

Thanks, I'll give that a try, I see you are a night owl also, I have had this thing for about a year and have yet to get beyond the stock presets, sad, but this thing sounds absolutely huge live when combined with my regular multi-effects setup.
... If it 'aint broke, mod it 'till it is...

Rick

ElliotG

Mrs Smiths Mother

This patch has restored to me the reason why I brought a SY-300. Having has a month of really feeling pissed off that I'd wasted £500 on this machine for it to produce a gorgeous patch like this one is so reassuring that I feel that now I have'nt done so...

Having had a play with it, I changed FX-2 to the Bi-Phase Phaser effect and moved the FX-4 Delay & Reverb effect to right at the end of the chain and wound up the volume in the Send/Return route to have a swirling phaser sound as the guitar lead.

Sorry, I have'nt sussed how to upload a patch to this forum yet. When I have I'll upload this patch.

Thanks again.

admin

Sorry, I have'nt sussed how to upload a patch to this forum yet. When I have I'll upload this patch.

How to Upload Patches to VGuitarforums
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=13341.0

Mrs Smiths Mother

Thanks for the link.

I'll upload it once I've fully tweeked the original.

Cheers!

Folkstone57

I use my MEL9 in the LOOP which sounds fantastic.

ericlmr

QuoteI use my MEL9 in the LOOP which sounds fantastic.

do you mean that the output of the MEL9 goes into the SY300?

ElliotG

The SY-300 has an effects loop.  Connect the Thru from the SY-300 into the Mel9.  Connect the output of the Mel9 into the Return on the SY-300.