Line 6 Variax JTV-59

Started by Charles Beatty, February 10, 2017, 06:32:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charles Beatty

I ordered a Fishman Triple Play to install on my JTV-59.  I know some of y'all installed without issues.  A few questions:

1.Did you use one of the tune-omatic mounts? or one of the others?
2.Any trimming necessary?
3.Can someone post a photo?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

guitarno

I don't have the Triple Play currently mounted on my JTV-59 so I can't post any pictures of it but I did have it mounted on this guitar previously. It worked out fine with their included pickup mounting bases.

• I did not use the "Tune-o-matic" pickup mount, just one of the adhesive backed bases included. I forget which one - just use the height that gets the pickup into the required range of the strings.
  • I didn't need to trim or modify anything.
  • Sorry - No photos.

I would say that it worked out fine like this. One issue that did crop up after awhile is that the top of the guitar is curved (carved). At first the adhesive on the pickup mount seemed to conform to the curve of the top, but after some time (months), it started to pull up at the ends of the mount a little. You may have to re-mount it with a new base after a while. Fishman will sell bases seperately if you need replacements.
Suhr Classic Pro SSS, PRS Hollowbody II Piezo, Breedlove Oregon Concerto E, Fractal FM3, Mesa Boogie LoneStar Special

Charles Beatty

guitarno:

Thanks a zillion.  That is so helpful!  Your time is greatly appreciated. :)

CB

retropunk

Hello guitarno, I am getting ready to install the FTP on my Variax JTV 59
It looks like the thickest FTP mounting base is still too shallow. I even used the tool to make fine tune adjustments to make it thicker and there is still quite a bit of space.

Did you have to make any bridge adjustments to your Variax to get this installed correctly?
It looks like I might need to lower my bridge.

If you have any close up shots you could share? Thanks!

Thanks for any tips