FTP - Transferring Ownership of a Fishman Triple Play

Started by Ytolyccuz, July 10, 2016, 07:22:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ytolyccuz

Hi,

I just recently sold my triple play. Would the new owner be able to install everything as I did for the first time? Do I need to do anything to make sure that the new owner is able to do so?

Your help is much appreciated. Thanks!

FishmanSQA

Quote from: Ytolyccuz on July 10, 2016, 07:22:22 AM
Hi,

I just recently sold my triple play. Would the new owner be able to install everything as I did for the first time? Do I need to do anything to make sure that the new owner is able to do so?

Your help is much appreciated. Thanks!

Hello-

The new owner will need to get a reactivation code. You can give them this link to purchase one: http://www.fishmanstore.com/product.htm?pid=740404

Best,
Sara

caribefatboy

I purchased a Triple Play last month, installed it on a Les Paul and immediately realized that it was not what I was looking for, so I carefully repackaged everything, and applied for an RMA from ZZOUNDS which has a 45 day return policy.

Turns out FISHMAN vetoed that. No returns. NONE. ZERO. EVER.

WOW! That sucks. Is it really that hard to repackage or resell?. ZZOUNDS does it all the time with Amps,, pedals, guitars, GK3s, you name it. This is the only product you can not return. I might add that since I mounted it on a LP I had not used any of the little strips or pads that would be needing replacement otherwise to restore the product to "scratch and dent" or "factory unsealed" status for resale.

So I put it on eBay and a guy in Mexico won it for $200, which locked me in for a $200+ instant loss that was unexpected, unwarranted and left a bad taste in my mouth.

Then the poor fellow wrote me and said that FISHMAN would not let him use their software unless he paid them $15 and he wanted me to refund him that.

REALLY, FISHMAN, REALLY?!?!?!?!?

Corporate greed and privilege has hit new highs to my mind when a company can be as insensitive as FISHMAN has shown themselves to be. Just sayin' ... I will never buy another FISHMAN product.

chrish

Quote from: caribefatboy on July 12, 2016, 05:47:39 AM
I purchased a Triple Play last month, installed it on a Les Paul and immediately realized that it was not what I was looking for, so I carefully repackaged everything, and applied for an RMA from ZZOUNDS which has a 45 day return policy.

Turns out FISHMAN vetoed that. No returns. NONE. ZERO. EVER.

WOW! That sucks. Is it really that hard to repackage or resell?. ZZOUNDS does it all the time with Amps,, pedals, guitars, GK3s, you name it. This is the only product you can not return. I might add that since I mounted it on a LP I had not used any of the little strips or pads that would be needing replacement otherwise to restore the product to "scratch and dent" or "factory unsealed" status for resale.

So I put it on eBay and a guy in Mexico won it for $200, which locked me in for a $200+ instant loss that was unexpected, unwarranted and left a bad taste in my mouth.

Then the poor fellow wrote me and said that FISHMAN would not let him use their software unless he paid them $15 and he wanted me to refund him that.

REALLY, FISHMAN, REALLY?!?!?!?!?

Corporate greed and privilege has hit new highs to my mind when a company can be as insensitive as FISHMAN has shown themselves to be. Just sayin' ... I will never buy another FISHMAN product.
thanks for the heads up. I was going to demo one but after some research i found out that the pickup wart prevents it from being installed on my 8 string ibanez (FTP on strings 1-6). However if i had ordered one of those i may not have been able to return it. I didn't see any up front reference to that return policy on the fishman site so it may be buried in the fine print somewhere. The thing is, when a member of my community discovers a ethical issue (fairplay in this case) with a companies business pratices, i tend to support that community member. If we all did this, business ethics would improve and maybe products would not be released for the public to discover it's flaws. Think Ticada (sp) air bags where the company did not want to be held accountable for a defective product that killed a bunch of people. But i would like to hear fishman's side of the story. What say you fishman?

Elantric

Actually this is standard procedure when buying Software from most retailers for years now.

Retailers view the Fishman Tripleplay "bundle" as hardware with Software

http://www.zzounds.com/returns

QuoteWhat are the exceptions to zZounds's return policy?

Products that match the following categories can only be returned for replacement if they are defective or damaged in transit, or only for exchange or refund if they are still sealed (with shrinkwrap and barcode still affixed).

Copyrighted materials cannot be returned once opened due to copyright law. This includes books, videotapes, DVDs, sample libraries, style disks, sound expansion boards, and software (which may also include software bundled with hardware).

And a reminder we have an active Group Buy discount for FTP Here:
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=7940.0

fpadellaro

Quote from: Elantric on July 12, 2016, 12:35:36 PM
Actually this is standard procedure when buying Software from most retailers for years now.

Retailers view the Fishman Tripleplay "bundle" as hardware with Software

http://www.zzounds.com/returns

And a reminder we have an active Group Buy discount for FTP Here:
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=7940.0

Also, just for the sake of clarity.  Fishman has ZERO to do with a retailer return policy.  We pay a licensing fee to our software partners each time a new software license registration code is issued.  If retailers return product to us, we charge a small restocking fee to cover those costs, in order to provide a fresh code for new users as well as supply new mounting hardware and adhesive.  Some retailers will accept software returns with a restocking fee, others will eat the cost of the restocking fee, and some do not allow software returns as Elantric noted. 

Additionally, just so things are clear, we don't charge ANYTHING for the Fishman software that we have created to setup your TriplePlay and host VST plugins.  The only thing a new owner of a used product is paying for, when they buy a code, is a small fee to pay the licensing costs of a new registration.  What you get in exchange for that is full access to the Fishman software bundle, including sounds, with your own serial numbers and registrations, as well as full access to our white glove software support.  For $30.  If you don't want the partner software packages, there would be no need to purchase a new registration.

If you want the TriplePlay setup utility and software (NO SOUNDS) you can get that for free without registration here:
http://fishman.com/tripleplay/update

If you want the full package of partner software and sounds that comes with the product new, as well as technical support for the system, you can purchase a new registration code here:
http://www.fishmanstore.com/product.htm?pid=740404

After your purchase, please allow a few hours for your email code to be delivered.

Any questions, as always, just email customer support through the Fishman website at www.fishman.com

chrish

There you have it. Fishman is a 'stand up' company. Thank you for the clairification. I was checking out the omnisphere web site yesterday and right up front in big letters was stated that there are no returns allowed for their software. Communication is key. Many customers of online stores, me included, assume that there is a demo return policy that favors trying out a product. Otherwise, how else can a person demo a product. It would not be ethical, imo, to go into a brick and mortor music store and demo products with the intention of finding a better price from an on-line 'warehouse'. It is good to hear that Fishman operates within ethical business practices, I really would like to demo a Tripleplay someday and did not want to have to boycott the company.   

Lazy

I know this is an old thread but none of the links work anymore. I wonder if the policies and prices are still the same.
Godin XTSA
Godin Multiac Grand Concert SA
Steinberger Spirit
Yamaha NCX3
Yamaha AC5R
Cordoba C10 Crossover
Roland GR-55

Elantric

Quote from: Lazy on August 02, 2023, 08:18:42 AMI know this is an old thread but none of the links work anymore. I wonder if the policies and prices are still the same.

Contact support at bottom of this page

https://www.fishman.com/support-tripleplay/

Lazy

I contacted Support directly (email) and here (SQA) and they both replied within a couple of hours.  :)  :)
Thank you
Godin XTSA
Godin Multiac Grand Concert SA
Steinberger Spirit
Yamaha NCX3
Yamaha AC5R
Cordoba C10 Crossover
Roland GR-55