Which Are Presets and Which Are User Patches?

Started by Player99, February 14, 2012, 02:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Player99

I am still waiting for my gr55 and have been going through the manual but missed which banks/patches are presets and which ones can be overwritten/saved?

Thanks

papabuss

Hi player
The three Preset-groups are: LEAD, RYTHM and OTHER.  They cannot be overwritten..
in the USER Bank you can save your own patches
FENDER STRATOCASTER (1974); BRIAN MAY RED SPECIAL; VG 99; GR 55; Yamaha DX 7

Music was my first love and it will be my last (JOHN MILES)

Player99

Thanks...

How many User patches are there?

From what I have read the presets are not very good... Is it not sort of wasteful to dedicate those 3 buttons to bad patches?

gumtown

Quote from: Player99 on February 14, 2012, 11:41:46 AM
Thanks...

How many User patches are there?

From what I have read the presets are not very good... Is it not sort of wasteful to dedicate those 3 buttons to bad patches?
There are 297 User patches, which are all copies of Preset patches, but you can change and over-write them.
Patches with the U: prefixed on them in the GR-55 display are User patches, the Presets ones are prefixed by the 3 catagories, as you may have figured, the 3 preset catagory buttons are a waste of space.

Presets are generally not good on many MJFX devices, due to the presets are made to entice you to buy the unit, by showcasing extreme effects and features.
To showcase 297 patches of normal semi-dry clean guitar with a little reverb or delay may come across as boring.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Deacon Blue

I'm wondering if I can copy a user preset from one user bank to another user bank in a similiar function like the exchange function.Aside from reprogramming a factory patch all over again to mimic the user preset, is there another way?
"When your project isn't working, look for the part that you didn't think was important"
www.Bandmix.com/katylyst

gumtown

On the GR-55, Select the patch you want to copy,
then press the write button once,
select a User patch location to save to,
and then press the write button again.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/