FC300 - Controlling VG99 & Sound Module (Motif Rack ES) at same time?

Started by bbliss, December 30, 2011, 03:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbliss

Newbie question.  I want to get my FC300 to control the VG99 & Yamaha Motif Rack ES sound module at the same time.  I am new to the VG99/FC300 & MIDI...so this might be a very simple task.  All I am trying to do is get the EXP Pedal 1 to control the volume of the Motif Rack sound (from muted/to swell in string sound/pad..etc.) and use the EXP Pedal 2 to control my guitar/VG99 sounds.

How do I configure this?  Right now I have the midi cable OUT of the VG99 to the Rack ES midi IN.  Do I need to have another MIDI cable going from the FC300...and what mode do I need to be in on the FC300.

Thanks.

Brian

Brent Flash

A lot of good info on this thread.

MIDI  Sound Modules
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=915.0

Brent Flash

More info: MIDI out from the VG to your external device. In the CONTROL ASSIGN section you will have to tell the EXP you want to use to send the proper CC# for volume on the external device. I am not near my VG but you may also be able to set up a controller to send the proper CC# in the System MIDI area so you do not have to set each patch to do it. I just don't remember if that is an option. Sorry :-\

bbliss

Brent,
Thanks for the help. I was able to get it set in the SYSTEM MIDI area and set the FC300 EXP1 pedal to control the volume on the patches coming from the Motif Rack ES.  Works like I was hoping it would.

Brian

Brent Flash

Good! I would skim through that thread I pointed you to because it address all kinds of things that could pop up.

Let us know if you need anything.