VG-99 - DIY Mono FX Loop Insert for Normal Guitar PU feed.

Started by Elantric, March 07, 2008, 10:28:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennfin

You're very welcome Elantric!.  ;) Glad to contribute to the VG-99 group.  8)

I've been having a blast today running my Triaxis in the new VG-99 send/return loop.  :D

Quote from: Elantric on April 05, 2014, 01:09:44 PM
Thanks Glennfin - Fantastic contribution to our community!
Thanks for your effort in creating this document.

I will make a PDF  and repost as a backup In the VG-99 Reference Download area

Elantric

Thanks Glennfin - Fantastic contribution to our community!
Thanks for your effort in creating this document.

VG-99 - DIY Mono FX Loop Insert for Normal Guitar PU feed.

A downloadable  PDF version is in the VG-99 Reference Download area here:

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=87

Elantric

Next time you are debugging "why can't I hear my Normal PU's in my VG-99 / GR-55 / Gp-10 using one 13 pin cable   - be sure nothing is connected to the 1/4" outputs jacks

Just wanted to point out that Godin LGXSA and xtSA 1/4" Output jacks feature the similar circuit as the Fender Roland Ready / GC-1 Strat below.

the Fender Roland Ready Strat / Roland GC-1 Strat's 1/4" output jack is a unique switching jack - The goal is to have a "stock Strat" when using the 1/4" output jack  - so anytime you insert a 1/4" plug into the GC-1's 1/4" "Normal PU Output"  jack  - this isolates removes the normal passive Strat Electronics signal output from entering into the GK Internal active buffer (which might load down the passive PU's and reduce high frequencies) and removes the ability to send normal mag PU tone down Pin #7 of the 13 pin Cable

gron

Thanks glennfinn,

This sounds like a great mod - Can anyone tell me if these instructions would translate smoothly to a VB-99?
While I suspect this circuit would be much the same I'd rather hear if from someone with a more educated opinion before I start choppin'
Reverend Wattplower Frankenbass with internal custom 4-string GK-3B + killswitch
Fender Jaguar Frankenbass, StatusGraphite neck, Graphtec ghost bridge+ built in iphone
Boss SY-1000 :: Kemper Rack  :: Roland VB-99 (+RMC subfilter)  :: Sansamp Rack  ::  BillBaxBreakout  :: FC-300 :: Roland MX-1 + Mor

Elantric

QuoteThis sounds like a great mod - Can anyone tell me if these instructions would translate smoothly to a VB-99?

Should be identical to the VG-99 instructions here
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=87