Greetings

Started by lvs, May 04, 2015, 03:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lvs

Hey everybody, I'm Lucas, this is my second post and considering forum etiquette, it should have been my first one, therefore, my apology.

I live in Belgium, a country famous for unhealthy things when consumed in large quantities, like beer, chocolate, waffles, Tintin albums, saxophones and medieval buildings.

I'm sixty years old and have been playing guitar for some twenty years in a 3 man band that never performed on stage. Me and the bass player don't consider ourselves really good musicians, but luckily our drummer, who used to be a semi pro, urges us to give our best. We just come together on saturdays and jam, drink, talk back to each other, occasionally fall asleep later in the evening and then our wives come to pick us up.

I used to be a mainframe programmer and when tinnitus hit me, it took me a long time to deal with it and meanwhile that career expired. Nowadays I can live with it. As years go by, my hearing abilities diminish and I have been considering leaving guitar playing behind. And then maybe build a trebuchet for my grandchildren to play with... but I suddenly felt that the trebuchet is the less hard choice. So I bought me a GP-10.

I have been visiting this forum for a long time, to get informed about gear and also to get some inspiration for diy electronics. It's time well spent, with capable and talented people that talk in a civilized way.

Hope you don't mind my somewhat flaky English, my native language is Dutch.

Sincerely,
Lucas

Elantric

Lucas,

Welcome to the forum - sounds like you will fit in here!

Also its good you speak Dutch - we might have you help translate the new Boss SY-300 manual when it arrives ;)

---

** All Roland  / Boss Owners manuals start life as Japanese Manuals - and often show up first at the

* Boss Japan site here:
http://jp.boss.info/support/owners_manuals/

then they are delivered to

* Boss Netherlands, and must be translated from Dutch to English
http://nl.boss.info/support/owners_manuals/

Using the 2014 Boss GP-10 release as an example, I predict a late May 2015 for the 1st arrival of Boss SY-300 Owners manual.