Pedal Assignment Question

Started by greekjgg, February 21, 2012, 02:33:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greekjgg

I'm a newbie...just got the floor editor program working...MUCH easier now!!

I am trying to make some basic settings for rock/metal. I have done this so far, and I've even figured out how to activate wah as needed by using the CTL pedal. Am I limited to this "1" edit on the fly, or can I assign another function to another pedal or button?

For Example, if I wanted the option to go from Distortion to Clean in the same user patch, can I assign this to a GK switch? This way I can retain the wah as needed but switch to clean within the same patch?
Setup:
Homemade EVH Frankenstrat with built in GK3
GR55
Rocktron Talkbox
TC Helicon Voicetone C1
Tech 21 Power Engine 60

greekjgg

Ok, I figured out that the CTL pedal and expression pedal do not have to be linked, I can just engage the wah w/o using the CTL pedal.

Now, how do I program the unit so that I can change to a different tuning within a Patch by just pressing the CTL pedal? Like if I wanted to jump to dropped D or something?
Setup:
GR55
Rocktron Talkbox
TC Helicon Voicetone C1
Tech 21 Power Engine 60

gumtown

You can only toggle the alternate tuning in or out, the limitation of the GR-55 is you can't change from one alternate tuning to another.
use an assign like this

Assign 1***********
[Assign1: On/Off] = On
[Assign1: Target] = Alternate tuning switch
[Assign1: Min] = Off
[Assign1: Max] = On
[Assign1: Source] = CTRL PDL
[Assign1: Source Mode ] = Toggle
[Assign1: Range Low] = 0
[Assign1: Range High] = 127
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

greekjgg

Quote from: gumtown on February 23, 2012, 10:53:09 AM
You can only toggle the alternate tuning in or out, the limitation of the GR-55 is you can't change from one alternate tuning to another.
use an assign like this

Assign 1***********
[Assign1: On/Off] = On
[Assign1: Target] = Alternate tuning switch
[Assign1: Min] = Off
[Assign1: Max] = On
[Assign1: Source] = CTRL PDL
[Assign1: Source Mode ] = Toggle
[Assign1: Range Low] = 0
[Assign1: Range High] = 127

Ok that makes sense. Basically my choice would be whatever the tuning is and then natural tuning since its either on or off?  Does this
also apply to pitch? If I understand correctly tunings vs pitch are separate in the systems from what I see. Could I essentially
in the cosm settings say set the pitch for -1, or -2 and then set the ALT Tuning to switch to Dropped D from that -1 pitch?

Setup:
GR55
Rocktron Talkbox
TC Helicon Voicetone C1
Tech 21 Power Engine 60

tekrytor

You could use the adjacent patches within a bank to each store different tunings. This saves your CTL pedal for other things too. With 99 banks of 3 patches, it's maybe not too much of a sacrifice.
SY-300/BeatBuddy/VoiceLive 3/GR-55(v1.50)/33/1/50/700/VGA-7/V-Bass, Yam-G10, GPK-4, DIY X-Bee HighlyLiquidCPU "Cozy-Lil-Footie", FCB-1010, other MIDI stuff, Godin Freeway SA and various other GK equipped controllers, Sonar X1, Audacity, KXstudio, Misc devices

greekjgg

Quote from: tekrytor on February 23, 2012, 02:39:29 PM
You could use the adjacent patches within a bank to each store different tunings. This saves your CTL pedal for other things too. With 99 banks of 3 patches, it's maybe not too much of a sacrifice.

Very True and I have considered this for other patches...was just curious in trying to figure out all my options. So much to learn with this thing!
Setup:
GR55
Rocktron Talkbox
TC Helicon Voicetone C1
Tech 21 Power Engine 60