GR55 - Bon Jovi Brass ( 70s & 80s )

Started by wogrocker, January 14, 2016, 04:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wogrocker

Hey again,

Here is a typical brass hit under the guitar which many 80's rock, hair bands use ( you can adjust the levels to suit yourself ). You can turn on the brass by hitting the CTL when the hits are needed.

It can be used with typical 80's AOR bands as well as Funky Music.
I only use 3 strings to get the brass ( D,G,B ) so you can do the Funky music run or whatever you like.

I also added a "Fat Brass Wood", which is the same as the above "Funky Brass" patch with the same CTL function to turn brass on. This can be used for cover band songs like "Knock On Wood" ( probably others like "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" etc ). I have only used 2 strings for the brass on this as its all you need. Didnt have time to do an mp3 sample for it but it sounds great on the chorus under the guitar.

The mp3 samples are not great as i just quickly played over the basic backing track with no care factor on my playing :). But it is just a super basic guide as to how it could sound.

Cheers,
J
Every little boy wants to learn to play guitar. So he can pick up all the chicks. And be a rock-n-roll star.

whippinpost91850

HecticArt

Cool. Thanks.
I can see where these will work.

I've been using my expression pedal to bring in the horns. Toe up for rhythm, toe down for the horns.
It works well for tunes like Mustang Sally, and How Ya Like Me Now by The Heavy.

Baimun

Excellent.  This is exactly the kind of thing I bought the GR-55 for.   ;D