Newbie - GR 55 MOD - Choose Only 1 MOD?

Started by CVS, April 02, 2015, 04:36:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CVS

After reading through the owners manual yesterday, am I correct in thinking that for each patch you can only have 1 MOD (Guitar effects) - for example, if you choose 01: OD/DS you cannot also choose 02:WAH?

I am hoping that this is not the case.

Thanks for your help

gumtown

That is the case indeed..
The GP-10 is similar.

If you need something that allows multiple effects (and multiples of the same effect) then the GT-100 or GT-001 might be a good companion for the GR-55.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

CVS

To be honest, I don't think that this limitation will present a big problem. It is just surprising given how much the GR 55 can do. If I need OD and need another MOD (such as a WAH), then I will find an AMP that can provide the OD and select the WAH as the MOD

Litesnsirens

DreamTheory

Since your new to GR 55... scroll to the MOD effect, hit ENTER, then use the page button to tab to the left for the STRUCTURE page. On this page there is a flow chart that shows how the signals are routed from each source (normal pickups, model, and two PCM tones). You can use the directional buttons to select and then use the wheel to reroute, so that your model or normal guitar can go through the MOD bank and the MFX bank, for instance. I think there are two saved structures you can toggle between, and structure 2 also does this. Or you can make your own custom structures as I explained.

Fear not, it gets better the more you dig into it. There are gobs of amazing things you can do.
electric: Epiphone Dot semihollow body, acoustic: mahogany jumbo, recording: Cubase Artist 11 or Tascam DP008