Started by Elantric, May 27, 2012, 07:16:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

Elantric

Elantric

Elantric

Elantric

Elantric

IMHO - what Mike Bloomfield achieved on "Stop" is the standard by which i measure all Blues Guitar Solos.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Session

Elantric

Elantric

Elantric

Rubber washer under the knob trick... Prevents knobs moving on your stomp pedals

Elantric

Elantric

as reported earlier as reported earlier

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=6125.msg127644#msg127644
-There are many other tunes that share Stairway to Heaven chord structure

Today in a Los Angeles courtroom,  the final verdict came  and Led Zeppelin prevailed
https://www.yahoo.com/music/led-zeppelin-prevail-stairway-heaven-lawsuit-172700158-rolling-stone.html
I think justice is served.
But I got tired of the past month all Ive heard from friends, is:

Quote"Did you hear that Led Zeppelin must pay Randy California's estate millions for stealing the the opening chords from the 1968  Spirit song "Taurus" for Stairway to Heaven ?" 

. . . like this was already the final outcome of the copyright trial.     

IMHO - This shows how poorly the news coverage was / is  , and how poorly the public's comprehension of this case is.

Elantric

QuoteI do the old "loop the gk cable behind the bottom strap button" thing.  Never had a loud pop yet.

same here  - same as all my guitar cables since 1967

How to check if you are playing with a "rookie / inexperienced guitarist:

* They do not know about the above Cable strain relief method, and always accidentally "unplug" themselves as they step on their own guitar cable mid solo.

* During a break,  they forget to move their Volume knob to "0" when they set their guitar down near their powered up amp, and then the guitar starts to self oscillate with feedback within 20 seconds 

Elantric

Elantric

Elantric

Elantric

Reviewing old threads , it's interesting what I predicted back in 2011 came true

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=4186.0

In tough economic times like these, Roland Japan (who designs all the products) will be responding by re-prioritizing and re-tasking its limited engineering workforce to focus on creating brand new lower cost gear (with reduced feature set), to generate new sales revenue in the lower cost product market segments, as a response to today's cash strapped world economy.

Elantric

I will on KPIG Radio this next next Sunday live in studio with Kristen Black
It must be a pure acoustic set.
I intend to play this guitar
2016 Epiphone Masterbuilt Deluxe with Bigsby B6

It has a big sound  - even non amplified, and the stock Shadow Nanomag PU sounds very natural 

Elantric

Elantric

https://www.createspace.com/5862474

Surfin' Guitars
Instrumental Surf Bands of the Sixties
Authored by Mr. Robert J. Dalley
Edition: third edition

Surfin' Guitars Instrumental Surf Bands of the Sixties was first published in 1988 by author Robert J. Dalley. Bob is the founding member and lead guitar player of the well-known and highly respected instrumental surf band, The Surf Raiders. He spent almost 10 years (1980-1988) researching, locating and interviewing former band members of various 1960's surf bands. Surfin' Guitars was the first publication documenting the bands and the music they produced. The first pressing of 2600 books sold out and it became known as the "Bible of Surf Music".

Surfin Guitars, second edition in hardback, was published in 1995. The second edition included updates on many of the bands and added ten additional groups. The second edition is also sold out.

Between 1995 and 2015 Bob continued updating the original stories, adding 9 more groups to the book bringing the total to 59 bands. It soon became apparent to Bob that a 3rd edition of Surfin' Guitars was needed. He contacted all previous groups and managed to uncover many rare color photos which will be added to the new edition. Due to the establishment of the internet and social media Bob solicited record collectors all over the world obtaining color scans of 45 rpm record labels and album covers to use in the 3rd edition. He has also made contact with a new generation of musician who have embraced the sound of instrumental surf music and are looking forward to the 3rd edition of Surfin' Guitars Instrumental Surf Bands of the Sixties
---
About the author:
Robert (Bob) J. Dalley's passion for instrumental surf music began in 1963 when he was 14 years old. He grew up in Southern California. Early on he was inspired by The Apollos, who performed at his eight grade graduation dance. While attending Northview High School he witnessed the Victors playing Baja. These musical events caused Bob to search out albums at the local record store and he began to teach himself how to play guitar.
During the mid 60's Bob played in The Iron Horse, a top 40 group. He enlisted in the US Navy in 1969. While stationed on Midway Island, he performed in a group with fellow sailors, called the Spinning Wheels.
In 1980, the desire to play instrumental surf music resurfaced. He purchased a vintage Fender Strat, a Fender reverb unit and a dual showman amplifier. Bob formed the instrumental surf band, The Surf Raiders in 1980. The Surf Raiders went on to record three albums and a CD plus appeared on various compilation items and performed at many of the top Los Angeles area clubs and performing venues.
Wanting to get that true splashy wet guitar sound, Robert started looking up musicians who played in surf bands in order to learn the secrets of getting the perfect instrumental surf sound. Bob located Jim Pash, of the Surfaris, who lived a few blocks away in Azusa, California. Bob put together a story about the Surfaris which he submitted to Gold Mine Magazine in 1980. By 1987 Robert had published numerous stories of instrumental surf groups, record reviews, LP & CD liner notes and columns on surf music in various formats.
In 1988 Robert self-published a collection of his stories on instrumental surf music groups and Surfin' Guitars Instrumental Surf Bands of the 1960's was born. The first edition quickly sold out. In 1995 the second edition of Surfin Guitars was updated and published in hardback by Popular Culture Ink. The third edition is an updated edition, adding color photos and nine additional groups for a total of 59 groups.
Bob currently lives in West Jordan, Utah with his wife Linda. He has worked for more than 26 years as a professional genealogist. Bob volunteers as the curator of our local community living-history museum. He is the father of two children and the proud grandpa of one.

Elantric

Elantric

Elantric

I was in LA yesterday - got to meet up Eric Klein ("Digital Igloo"  Helix Product manager) at  Line-6) 

Elantric