FC-300 A few suggestions

Started by TygermanGB, March 20, 2008, 10:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TygermanGB

I just got my FC-300 and I'm not very happy with it. It really needs a patch mode and patch chains. I have some other suggestions and it was just easier to draw a picture then to explain it all.

Happy jams!
-Ty
Parker Guitars - VG-99, VG-8ex, GR-55, GP-10, US-20 and Bidule/Mobious/Jamstix NI for soft synths

Elantric

TygermanGB

Thanks! I can only use one exp pedal at a time. The "spare" is more for adjusting and holding a setting which rollers do better and have a smaller foot print.
I'd have them system assignable in patch mode and patch assignable in pedal mode.
Cheers,
-Ty
Parker Guitars - VG-99, VG-8ex, GR-55, GP-10, US-20 and Bidule/Mobious/Jamstix NI for soft synths

thervantes

Hello! I dont have any experience with foot controllers and effects, so please forgive me if my questions may be "stupid"! (VG 99 and FC300 are the very first "machines" connected with my guitar). I dont know which mode should i use on FC 300. I'm just trying to do a very simple (for you) configuration on FC 300: for example i want to store the 139 VG patch (St+12st AG) to P01 destination in the patch mode on FC 300, and do the same with all of my favourites patches! Is this something that can be done? and if it is, RRC2 connection is enough or should i use a midi connection?
Please guide me!
Thank you!

zippy

Just press write and use the wheel to scroll to your new destination. Then press write again. Your patch will now be relocated.

mike_TM

Quote from: zippy on February 01, 2009, 07:58:57 AM
Just press write and use the wheel to scroll to your new destination. Then press write again. Your patch will now be relocated.

I am also new and have the same confusion as thervantes; tried to follow this advice and could not get it to work. I've scoured this site and others for a simple tutorial on how to assign VG-99 patches to pedals. I can't find anything. I have a more advanced question too, but first I need to solve this simple task. In the quoted solution to thervantes' question, may I ask: (1) press write on which device, FC-300 or VG-99? (2) What is meant by 'destination', and which wheel? (3) If these maneuvers are on the VG-99, what mode is the FC-300 in?

Is there a step-by-step tutorial available? Sorry to be so lame, but I can't figure this out from the manual.

Brent Flash

Quote from: mike_TM on September 15, 2009, 03:42:36 AM
I am also new and have the same confusion as thervantes; tried to follow this advice and could not get it to work. I've scoured this site and others for a simple tutorial on how to assign VG-99 patches to pedals. I can't find anything. I have a more advanced question too, but first I need to solve this simple task. In the quoted solution to thervantes' question, may I ask: (1) press write on which device, FC-300 or VG-99? (2) What is meant by 'destination', and which wheel? (3) If these maneuvers are on the VG-99, what mode is the FC-300 in?

Is there a step-by-step tutorial available? Sorry to be so lame, but I can't figure this out from the manual.

Keep you FC-300 in SYSEX MODE and do all moving/editing on the VG-99. Move you patches around on the VG. The FC calls them up from bank one switch one is the first patch on the VG. As you go up to switch two that is patch two, etc. Then go to Bank two and repeat. Bank two  switch one will be patch six on the VG. Hope this helps.