Fishman Tripleplay F.A.Q.

Started by Elantric, April 23, 2013, 09:21:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

Elantric

How to force firmware update on FTP hardware

It sounds like your hardware was damaged during a failed firmware update. There is a reboot procedure for this to manually repair your USB stick and allow the update to happen again:

try this exactly:

Plug in your USB receiver WHILE HOLDING DOWN THE PAIRING BUTTON. Keep the pairing button held down until about 2 seconds after you've plugged it into the USB port on your computer

Open TriplePlay software. HOLD the CTRL key while you open "ABOUT TRIPLEPLAY" from the pull-down menus. click on the force FW button there.

After you have forced a firmware update, unplug your receiver. Plug it in the normal way, and then start the pairing process normally.

Press the LED light, which is also the pairing button, on your controller until it flashes quickly. Press the LED light pairing button on your USB receiver. Wait for them to pair (the receiver will go from blinking to solidly lit).

Then, hold CTRL and open about tripleplay aga in. F orce FW updates to the paired devices.

Once all the FW updates are complete, I'm hoping you'll go back to normal functionality.

admin

Elantric

Andras SzalayOct 23, 2013

I spent most of the last thirty years designing guitar synthesizers. I developed several generations of devices from the Shadow GTM-6 / SH-075 through the Blue Chip Music / Terratec Axon until the Fishman Triple Play today. Over this period I answered thousands of questions from users who had some difficulties to understand certain features or behavior of their devices. Now, as I have here a web page of my company, Panda-Audio, I want to take the opportunity to summarize this information in the form of an FAQ. I hope I can help users of guitar synthesizers a better understanding of their devices with this information. While these answers are based on my designs, I believe most of the information here is true for Roland or other devices too. I will update this page time to time with questions whatever I recall from my memories, or whatever new questions arise.
See that on my web page:

www.panda-audio.com

Andras Szalay

Elantric

http://www.fishman.com/tripleplay/update

BETA
TriplePlay v1.2.3568
- TriplePlay AAX plugin is now available for use with Pro Tools (Mac Only)
- Numerous internal improvements to hardware synth functionality, including data processing, patch display elements, parameters, and program changes
- Added improved foot pedal integration and enhanced functionality
- Patches that are missing one or more VST synths and therefore will not sound correctly are listed in red
- Improved audio interface settings, buffer size, and sample rate changes within the TriplePlay preferences window
- Improved launch time for the application
- The Performance pane now accurately lists all synth/plugin names under all conditions
- Improved save times for patch edits
- Data artifacts generated by plugging or unplugging an audio interface are now filtered from appearing in the output channel of the mixer
- Plugins that fail to load after being scanned are now listed in red in the Sound Selection window
- Implemented code improvements to the Songs window functionality
- Greatly improved the caching process of patches within Songs to facilitate live performance and enable near instantaneous patch changes
- Navigating through the Menu Tree with the controller's D-pad no longer incorrectly dirties the patch under specific circumstances
- Clarified language for patch change warnings under the Options menu tab
- Fixed an issue where sounds from certain user patches could end up in other user patches if they had been dragged to the user list in a specific order
- Sounds no longer inadvertently appear in the No Sound patch after scrolling through patches
- An update to the firmware will correctly maintain splits' parameters after a receiver/controller connection is lost and then recovered, due to interference, distance, etc.
- The controller will automatically power itself off at extremely low battery levels when performance of the device will be adversely affected by the low charge
- Cancelling 'scan for sounds' in mid-scan no longer clears the list of already scanned plugins
- Changes to patches made within a DAW session are no longer inadvertently applied to those same patches in the TriplePlay standalone
- Improved stability when instantiating TriplePlay plugin within DAWs
- String sensitivity is now adjustable when using within a DAW

Elantric

How to use Fishman Tripleplay  + 24bit Audio Interface on Battery Power for use with iPad / iphone on IOS7
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=10323.msg74428#msg74428

+

+

connect here:

powered by this

Click here for all details

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=10323.msg74428#msg74428

Elantric

http://www.fishman.com/articles/fishman-releases-12-update-of-its-powerful-tripleplay-software
TriplePlay Software version 1.2 is now available with numerous enhancements, new features and improvements in compatibility. Always seeking to improve the user experience and performance, this is Fishman's second major update since the product's successful launch in April 2013.

The most notable new feature is that TriplePlay is now Pro Tools® AAX compatible. TriplePlay can now be inserted as a plugin in Pro Tools® 11 for Mac-based systems.

Other key updates include:

? Improved GarageBand Functionality: Users will now be able to record and play back multiple MIDI channels in a GarageBand® session.

? MIDI Pass Through: Any MIDI commands from your foot controller are now passed through the TriplePlay application and can be assigned to your hosted plugins.

? Optimized Plugin Scanning: Upon first launch, 64-Bit TriplePlay now warns you that factory and user patches containing 32-bit plugins are not compatible with 64-Bit mode. Patches that are not compatible with 64-bit systems will now appear in the factory patch list in red text.

Fishman's Development Team went even further and addressed numerous requests from current TriplePlay users and added some major improvements for enhanced performance.

For a complete list of TriplePlay software 1.2 updates, please click here for the official release notes.

http://www.fishman.com/tripleplay/update

TriplePlay v1.2.3647
TriplePlay AAX plugin is now available for use with Pro Tools.
Added support for Windows 8.1.
Added support for Garageband X and Logic X.
Added support for OSX Mavericks v10.9.
Playback and record multiple MIDI channels in Garageband X.
Improved plugin scanning; unavailable plugins now show in red.
MIDI commands are now passed through the TriplePlay application and can be assigned to your hosted plugins.
Canceling 'Scan for Sounds' during a scan no longer clears the list of already detected plugins.
Fixed user patch 'drag error'. In a previous build, dragging patches to user lists were causing some patches to land in unexpected slots.
Optimized patch caching within 'Songs' list. Set up your patches within 'Songs' for nearly instantaneous patch changes. This is a great enhancement for live performance.
Improved stability when changing audio buffer and sample rate settings.
Improved stability when instantiating TriplePlay plugin within DAWs.
String sensitivity is now adjustable when using TriplePlay plugin within a DAW.
Improved stability when recovering from an interrupted connection.
If the Controller battery is extremely low, the system will now recognize weakened system performance and automatically shut the unit down.

Elantric

Fender Tripleplay Strat  - links here  might help some owners of Fishman Tripleplay 
http://www.fender.com/guitars/stratocaster/fender-fishman-tripleplay-stratocaster-hss-rosewood-fingerboard-black/
Owners Manual
http://support.fender.com/manuals/instruments/Fishman_TriplePlay_Stratocaster_0141800.pdf

http://www.fender.com/support/articles/?search=tripleplay

And a forum here:
http://forums.fender.com/viewtopic.php?f=0&t=91626&p=1033179&hilit=tripleplay#p1033179
Problem Description

How can I connect my Fender Fishman® TriplePlay Stratocaster® HSS guitar to my Mac or PC?

Solution

Connecting your Fender Fishman® TriplePlay Stratocaster® HSS to your Mac:

To connect your Fender Fishman TriplePlay Strat to your Mac, connect the included USB A to Mini B connector to the guitar first, then the Mac. Once connected to your Mac, you can use your Fender Fishman TriplePlay Strat as an input device for GarageBand or most other DAW (digital recording workstation) software that supports Core Audio. If you are using your Fender Fishman TriplePlay Strat with GarageBand on your Mac, you will want to launch GarageBand and go to the Preferences in the GarageBand Menu heading. There, select Fender USB Audio Device as your Audio Output and Audio Input device. Optionally, you can use the built-In Audio output or other third party audio hardware as your output if desired. Once you have selected the Fender USB Audio Device as your audio device, you are ready to record. Most other DAW software for Mac will have a similar set up for Core Audio.

Troubleshooting steps for using your Fender Fishman® TriplePlay Strat with your Mac:

Problem - Fender Fishman TriplePlay Strat does not show up in the Audio Output/Input settings

Solution - Check that the USB cable is fully connected to both the Fender Fishman TriplePlay Strat and the Mac. Also, double check that Fender USB Audio Device is available in your System Preferences/Audio Preference Pane Output & Input tabs. You can also try relaunching GarageBand (or selected DAW) to see if the device becomes available.

Problem - Audio input signal cannot be heard

Solution - In GarageBand, click on the Monitor select button in the Track controls to turn input monitoring on and listen to your input signal. If your version of GarageBand has a Record button in the individual track controls, you will need to Control-Click or perform a two finger click on your track pad to select Monitor On and listen to your input signal. You should now be able to hear your Fender Fishman TriplePlay Strat's input signal.

Problem – You cannot hear sound from your Fender Fishman TriplePlay Strat   

Solution – Check to make sure that the connector on your headphones or powered speakers is inserted completely into the headphone connector on your Strat Guitar. Also, be sure to check that the headphone and volume knobs are turned up on your Strat Guitar. This headphone knob is the closest knob to the output jack on the guitar, and the volume knob is closest to the rear pickup.

If you are still unable to resolve the issues you are experiencing with your Strat Guitar, please contact us at ConsumerRelations@Fender.com or call (480) 596-7195.

Connecting your Fender Fishman TriplePlay Stratocaster HSS to your Windows PC:

To connect your Fender Fishman TriplePlay Strat to your PC, insert the included USB A to Mini B connector to the guitar first, then the PC. Once connected to your PC, you can use the USB Guitar as an input device for your favorite recording software such as Ableton Live or most other DAW (digital audio workstation) software that supports the ASIO driver platform. Whichever DAW (digital audio workstation) software you choose to use, you will need to download and install the Fender Universal ASIO driver to use with it. Please see the link below.

Fender ASIO Universal Driver: http://www.fender.com/support/articles/fender-universal-asio-driver

Once you have installed the Fender Universal ASIO Driver, launch your software and go to its audio setup menu and select Fender Universal ASIO as your driver. Then go to the ASIO Settings window. There, you will want to select the Fender Audio Device as your input and output device or for the input only, in which case you would need to use either the internal audio hardware or other third party audio hardware as your output device. Once you have completed this setup, you should be ready to record with your Strat guitar and your DAW software.

Troubleshooting steps for using your Fender Fishman TriplePlay Strat with your Windows PC:

Problem - Fender Fishman TriplePlay Strat (Fender USB Audio Device does) not show up in the Audio setup menu or the Sound Control Panel.

Solution - Check that the USB cable is fully connected to both the Fender® Fishman TriplePlay Strat and the PC. Also, double check that Fender USB Audio Device is available in your audio settings menu, and be sure that you have selected ASIO as your driver type and the Fender Universal ASIO driver as your specific driver. Then confirm that you have selected Fender Audio Device as your input and (if desired) output device.

Problem - Audio input signal cannot be heard

Solution - In your DAW software, make sure that you have your track record-enabled, and that the inputs and outputs are routed correctly. This will vary with different software products. Please refer to the user guide for your specific DAW software for details on routing audio inputs and outputs in your software.

Problem – You cannot hear sound from your Fender Fishman TriplePlay Strat   

Solution – Check to make sure that the connector on your headphones or powered speakers is inserted completely into the headphone connector on your Fender Fishman TriplePlay Strat. Also, be sure to check that the headphone and volume knobs are turned up on your Strat Guitar. The headphone knob is the closest knob to the output jack on the guitar, and the volume knob is closest to the rear pickup.

If you are still unable to resolve the issues you are experiencing with your Strat Guitar, please contact us via email: TSL@Fender.com or call (480) 596-7195

Elantric

Elantric

This mini-tutorial demonstrates how easy it is to instantiate TriplePlay into Apple's MainStage 3. The procedure is exactly the same for Logic Pro as well.

This quick tutorial shows how to instantiate the TriplePlay plugin within Apple's GarageBand and Logic Pro X applications. You will also learn how to utilize the Hardware Synth patch and hardware mode in order to adjust the parameters for Apple's built-in sounds.

See other FTP Training videos here
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCESFO_X5SdrK3etuGpxPxfg/videos

Elantric

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=13447.msg98547#msg98547

Fishman Tripleplay Foot Controller
Due April 2015

and I understand they revamped the FTP Software bundle for new buyers in 2015  - now uses SampleTank 3 XT.

Elantric

Elantric

Andras Szalay wrote>

QuoteThe Axon NGC, the AXON AX and the FTP are three generations with totally different hardware technology. While the essential software of the NGC and the AX were almost identical (at source code level, both 32 bit), the FTP software is totally different, not only the implementation (16 bits, but 1000 times faster DSP processing), but also the algorithms.

>> In one older post he says (To paraphrase)there is
not a hardware sound generator available that would work well with the triple play.

This means that ideally the Triple Play requires a multitimbral synthesizer, with at least 13 timbres, and arbitrarily adjustable pitch bend range. As far as I know there are no synthesizers with such specification since GM (General MIDI). But GM synthesizers went out of fashion and are not manufactured in the last ten years or more.

Andras Szalay

Elantric

admin

Peterpan8 wrote>

Thanks Admin for the link. It's interesting and could be linked to my solution hereafter.

After many long hours of fidgeting here and there, I finally found the solution! And for those having the same problem, here is what I did to make it work again:

1. Before doing anything else, backup your TriplePlay patches to a folder (and take note of its location!)
2. Completely remove TriplePlay, and then reinstall it.
3. Make sure you have the SampleTank 3 version which came with TriplePlay (located in your user area on the Fishman website; if need be download it and note the password.)
4. During the install, TriplePlay asks if you want to install ST3, click yes.
5. Then, and very important, copy (don't install your new SampleTank software!) all ST3 sound files to the folder of your choice.
6. Open TriplePlay, and install (reinstall) all libraries, DLL, VSTs, and so forth. Make sure you point to the path of where SampleTank 3.dll is located.
7. Finally, reinstall your TP patches from the backup you did in Point 1. You did a backup, didn't you?

Well, maybe there was an easier way to do it, but the above procedure worked for me.

From the link above provided by Admin, it seems there is a programming glitch during the install process. It's as if the ST3 install app doesn't talk to TriplePlay. So the reinstall process must absolutely be done through TriplePlay, otherwise the error message will occur if you install the app included in the ST3 package.

I am now able to live a normal life again... until my next question, that is! ;D

admin

I can not get it to play both a guitar sound (guitar rig5) and synth.

with Tripleplay - only the MIDI is wireless
To use Amplitube or Guitar Rig - you need to get your Guitar's magnetic pickup's audio signal into the computer with separate system.

Most connect the electric guitar output into a 1/4" guitar cable feeding an instrument input on a separate Audio Interface with ASIO Drivers connected to your computer.

https://www.fishman.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/TriplePlay1.4_User_Guide.pdf

admin

https://www.fishman.com/support/tripleplay-updates/
TriplePlay v1.4
The TriplePlay Wireless MIDI Guitar Controller comes complete with all the software you'll need for recording, editing and playing back your music. Take full advantage of powerful MIDI features with your guitar. With the easy and blazingly fast note encoding, preset editor and mixing console, you'll be mixing your own music in no time.

TriplePlay 1.4.106 Features:

•   New library folders in the patches window
•   MIDI thru to all plugins and external hardware
•   Multi channel Mono and Single channel Poly modes can be chosen on a pre patch basis
•   Editing options are shown when right-clicking on patches
•   Patches window now includes additional Hardware Patches that are saved to the TriplePlay controller.
•   Hardware Patches are automatically saved to the controller after renaming a patch, reordering patches, or clicking the "Save" button.
•   Double-clicking the "Hardware Synth" button underneath the mixer channel opens the TriplePlay controller parameters window.
•   Increased patch load speed
•   Improved Splits functionality
•   New graphic interface
•   Improved patch creation and patch editing features
•   Improved plugin stability
•   Improved DAW functionality
•   Improved multi-instance efficiency and stability inside a DAW
•   Added FC-1 functionality inside a DAW
•   Improved FC-1 MIDI CC configuration utilities
Please install in the following order:
1. Install SampleTank
2. Install Kontact