New version of FTP app: 1.2.3672

Started by Spider, May 07, 2014, 06:41:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spider

What's new:

• TriplePlay OEM wireless transmission range has been increased (-18dBm to -12dBm).

• Improved the hardware mode factory patch content to make it more predictable.

• Improved receiver/controller connectivity, primarily in relation to working within DAWs.

• Resolved occasional crashing issue with the standalone running on OS X 10.7.x.

• Resolved issue where the TriplePlay AU failing to load in GarageBand.

http://www.fishman.com/tripleplay/update

BobTheDog

Anyone actually managed to download the update on a mac?

I just get a 0 length file.

Elantric

Use the FTP Control Panel App to Check for updates and download. Not your web browser.

BobTheDog

Thanks for the reply.

The check for updates in the app takes me to the same webpage.

Elantric

Try on monday.
Fishman server might be down for maintenance.

BobTheDog

I think you may well be right.

Do you have any idea what "improved the hardware mode factory patch content to make it more predictable." means?

BobTheDog

fr0sty

From what I can tell, this update is only a new standalone version, right?  There are no firmware or vst updates?

Elantric

QuoteFrom what I can tell, this update is only a new standalone version, right?  There are no firmware or vst updates?
Incorrect - there is new firmware for the FTP Controller

All details here:

FTP Version 1.2.3672

What's new:
TriplePlay OEM wireless transmission range has been increased (-18dBm to -12dBm).
Improved the hardware mode factory patch content to make it more predictable.
Improved receiver/controller connectivity, primarily in relation to working within DAWs.
Resolved occasional crashing issue with the standalone running on OS X 10.7.x.
Resolved issue where the TriplePlay AU failing to load in GarageBand.
http://www.fishman.com/tripleplay/update

fr0sty

Thanks for that.  I don't recall having to flash the control unit as part of the update install, that's why I wasn't sure.  Also, the vst dll file was the old one also.  Do both of those things happen automagically when running the update patch?

BobTheDog

mine took a while to update the firmware, it didn't do it immediately.

Elantric

The FTP Update procedure goes like this

1) Launch the FTP Control Panel App on your Win/OSX machine while connected to internet. If a new version of the FTP Control Panel App is available, you should see a pop up message reporting the newer version is available. This gets downloaded by your default Internet Browser.

2) After the update is downloaded completely, Close the running FTP Control Panel App, and launch the installer for the latest FTP Control Panel App.

3) After the latest FTP Control Panel App is installed, and FTP USB Receiver is connected and FTP Controller is enabled and connected and confirmed linked and working, and you are connected to the internet, - from the FTP Control Panel App, Click the "Options" pull down window  and then click "Check for Update" - and any firmware updates that are available for the FTP Controller or FTP Receiver will be downloaded and follow any additional instructions to perform the firmware updates.     

shawnb

Yes, their website is being flaky.  If you get some unexpected behavior, try a few seconds later.  It took me a couple tries to download the patch. 

Yes, there is a firmware update. 

I think I understand the enhancement for "Improved hardware mode factory patch content to make it more predictable". 

In the past, user patches 1-14 submitted PCs on channels 1-6, with some strange exceptions here & there (7 & 11 were odd...).  I don't think it was a big problem, though, because who navigates thru uninitialized patches when in HW mode? 

Still, it was a little sloppy & inconsistent, and it appears they addressed it.   

Now, with this version, a freshly-initialized FTP will not send any PCs when you navigate up & down patches via the DPAD.  It will zero out all pitch wheels with each user-patch change, & do nothing else.  That inconsistent stuff on patches 1-14 is gone. 
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp