GR-55 - Hillsong's "Mighty to Save" Patches?

Started by TheParasite, April 03, 2017, 11:34:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheParasite

Anyone here happen to have created patches for the lead guitar on this song, as in the version shown here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afgQk2WodGI&sns=em
Godin XTSa (a pretty one)

DeRigueur

I used to have a GR-55 a few years ago and used the space-d effect (I think) to do the "wah" rhythm guitar sound on this song
Fender GC-1 -- Boss SY-1000 -- Alto TS112A

TheParasite

Thanks!  I'll definitely check that one out cause for electric I'll do all the parts I can.

sixeight

Do you have to play both parts? When we do this song, the piano often plays the triplets and I can focus on the chords.

TheParasite

yes. I'll play all but the acoustic parts.

We tried it with piano doing the 8th note odd-ish picking rhythm (not exactly triplets) but we didn't like it as much.

TheParasite

sixeight, tried your suggestion again at last rehearsal and decided to go with piano doing lead riff. With our current setup/musicians it works that way a bit better. Thanks for reminding me to try that.

DeRigueur, no SPACE-D effect found in the stock patch list; assuming that's where you got it from. Should I just go through all patches with "space" in their name to find? Or did you remember actual, or if another, titled patched, by chance?

Thanks, folk!

sixeight

We did the song today in church, but has the GP-10, not the GR-55. Used the wah for the effect. There must be plenty of patches on the GR-55 that allow you to enable a wah effect when pressing the expression pedal.

DeRigueur

Quote from: TheParasite on April 16, 2017, 07:32:33 AM

DeRigueur, no SPACE-D effect found in the stock patch list; assuming that's where you got it from. Should I just go through all patches with "space" in their name to find? Or did you remember actual, or if another, titled patched, by chance?
It's an effect under the MFX category (page 45 in the manual and following).  I reviewed the manual and it may have actually been the Super Filter that I used.
Fender GC-1 -- Boss SY-1000 -- Alto TS112A

MarkFromHawaii

I used my GR-55 as a recording and playback tool for backing tracks in church worship.  For the chimey guitar parts, I recorded a Strat with a dotted eighth tap tempo delay - set the delay time rather short and the mix or feedback rather high.  For the overdriven-phased parts I used a phase effect set for a long sweep with a wah sweeping along with the phase.  All were done with a Boss ME-70, but you can do similar effects with the GR-55.  Here's a soundclip of the result:

https://soundcloud.com/markfromhawaii/mighty-to-save-full-worship-team-with-vocals

All the particulars are in the description of the clip.

Blessings,
Mark
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.