GR-55 Librarian stops working

Started by neilD321, February 13, 2017, 04:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neilD321

Hi all, newbie here, just getting started with my new GR-55.

I cannot get the Roland Librarian to stop crashing when ever I click on a patch.
I'm on Windows 10 and have the latest Librarian download from Roland.

I don't get very far. Just start the librarian and click on an empty patch... boom.
I can read all my patches from the GR-55 but if I click on one... boom.

Roland appear to have NO support. None, zilch, nada. Unbelievable.

Anybody have any ideas please?

oh, I have downloaded Floorboard and I'm slowing learning it, but it seems the Librarian is best at loading/moving new patches which, as a newbie, I'm doing lots of while I try out all the GR-55s features.

Thanks in advance.

OldGuitarDude

Hi neilD321 and welcome to the forum!

I'm not sure why the librarian crashes suddenly like that.... Ive been using Gumtown's editor for a long time. Once you get familiar with it you'll like it.

One thing that might help with the Roland Librarian... have you tried to open the app as an administrator? Im unable to try it right now as i don't have a pc in front of me, but Micro$oft is getting pretty stingy with privileges these days.

Looking around the forum, a lot of folks seem to be having the same issue...

Best of luck!
OldGuitarDude

neilD321

Thanks for replying.

Yep, tried that (probably should have said that in the first post  :P) Still no go.

HecticArt

I might be mixed up on this, but I thought that there was an issue where the GR-55 crashes when using a computer with usb 3 ports.

Might that be what you've got on your machine?

neilD321

Don't think so, the GR-55 is just fine. It's sitting here minding it's own business.
It doesn't matter whether it's connected to the PC or not or whether it's on or not, the Librarian just crashes every time I click on a patch.

BTW, do we really have to enter the Verification Image letters every time we want to post??

neilD321

This is all I can find in the event log...

Faulting application name: G5L.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4d115d6a
Faulting module name: G5L.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4d115d6a
Exception code: 0xc000000d
Fault offset: 0x0007f947
Faulting process id: 0x2c80
Faulting application start time: 0x01d287457da6451d
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Roland\GR-55 Librarian\G5L.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Roland\GR-55 Librarian\G5L.exe
Report Id: bcacda75-9f78-4c1c-86be-77c6060f4d2a
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

gumtown

Quote from: neilD321 on February 14, 2017, 08:33:24 PM
BTW, do we really have to enter the Verification Image letters every time we want to post??
Only for the first 6 or so posts,
then you are assumed not to likely be an A.I. bot.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

kimborg

Same issue here, running Win 10 64 bit. But I'm going to use FloorBoard anyway.

kimborg

Same issue here, using win10 64bit. Haven't used the program for a while, as I use Floorboard editor. But Librarian is the better choice if you just want to organize patches. So its a shame that its so crappy. I'll see if there's some way to report this to Roland.