Hello from Winnipeg, Canada

Started by Riff1964, April 17, 2015, 02:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riff1964

Hi..... shout out from Canada..

I just joined the forum today, I have been loitering for a few weeks.
I have been playing electric and acoustic guitar for many years, over the last few years it has mainly been electric.  Personal pleasure only at the moment ...

I found the forum as I was researching reviews of the GT100.  I have an older multi-effects pedal from Zoom (G7.1ut), I am looking to upgrade.  I might sell on the Zoom pedal.  I do like the convenience of the multi-effects pedals.

I play Stratocasters (I have two, an old red Mexican - my first and most loved Strat - that I have set up with the tremalo, and a Clapton artist model which of course has the tremalo blocked off), I have another Strat in pieces in the basement which I am restoring as a project to learn about guitar repairing.  I also have an Epiphone Sheraton (which is like a 335 with bling!!!), that I picked up a couple of months ago on a swap for a camera lens.  I wanted a totally different tone than the Strat's and the Sheraton definitely has that...
I play through a Backstar HT-5th, ...... when I am allowed to put the head phones away!!

I play bluesy rock and country music, from the 1950's to 1990's.  I kind off lost touch with music after 2000, there are now too many channels to listen to and my car radio has been stuck on talk radio for the last 15 years.   

Regards

Neil ....

Kenmac

Hi Neil, nice to see another Canadian guitarist here. I'm from Toronto. As I'm sure you've seen over the last few weeks, we have a lot of friendly and knowledgeable people here. Enjoy the forum.  :)
"Let them brush your rock and roll hair."