GR-55 - Baritone Acoustic?????

Started by tsantos8, March 10, 2015, 05:06:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsantos8

Does anyone have a baritone acoustic patch?????? ???

Elantric

GR-55 - "Seychelles Tour" Expanded
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=9557.msg68653#msg68653

uglybassplayer wrote>

GR-55 - "Seychelles Tour" Expanded
« on: September 21, 2013, 08:50:53 PM »

One of my favorite default patches is "Seychelles Tour", which is comprised of a steel string acoustic with ambient pads (443-Itopia and 863-Wind Chimes).   Thanks to Gumtown's amazing GRFloorboard app and some tricks I learned on this forum, I expanded upon it with the following enhancements...

- Enabled the normal pickups to allow your electric to be blended in with the modeled acoustic.

- Enabled the amp block (Matchless Drive high gain) and routed the normal pickups through it. (TIP: Roll off your guitar's volume to ease back on the distortion and clean up the sound)

- Added 12 string mode by engaging the CTL switch

- GK volume controls acoustic guitar volume

- Expression pedal controls the PCM volume. Engaging the EXP toe-switch switches to baritone tuning (NOTE: 12 string mode seems to have no effect when alternate tuning is engaged).

- GK1 engages/disengages chorus effect on normal pickups.  GK2 switches between Stereo 1 and Stereo 2 type (NOTE: GK switches must be set to "Patch Setting" for them to function).

I hope you enjoy it.

- Frank

Get patch here
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=9557.msg68653#msg68653

papabuss

Quote from: tsantos8 on March 10, 2015, 05:06:44 PM
  Does anyone have a baritone acoustic patch?????? ???
Which song are you thinking of?
FENDER STRATOCASTER (1974); BRIAN MAY RED SPECIAL; VG 99; GR 55; Yamaha DX 7

Music was my first love and it will be my last (JOHN MILES)

tsantos8

papabuss

Found this in WIKI

Jeremy" is in the key of A, and intertwines the parallel modes of major and minor frequently. It features prominent usage of Ament's 12-string Hamer bass guitar, which is pivotal to the sound of the introduction and end of the recording. The song starts off with the bassline and quiet harmonic notes also on the 12-string bass, and continues in a sedate vein until after the second chorus, when densely layered guitars and vocals gradually enter. At the end the instruments gradually fade out until all that is audible is a clean guitar and the 12-string bass, like the intro. Both instruments play a descending minor key melody, fading out with one single note.

So I used a PCM 12 string guitar tone and just set it 1 octave lower and not to baritone. This (I hope) comes close to the Jeremy sound!
FENDER STRATOCASTER (1974); BRIAN MAY RED SPECIAL; VG 99; GR 55; Yamaha DX 7

Music was my first love and it will be my last (JOHN MILES)

tsantos8

I will try this when i get a chance and see how it works. Thanks