That Pedal Show

Started by bbob, April 04, 2016, 05:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbob

Not really VGuitar content but I recently came into a used pedal board that included several Boss Pedals.  I've been enjoying watching THAT PEDAL SHOW episodes on YouTube and increasing my pedal theory knowledge and how they interact and pedal order info.  Some of the principles discussed probably apply to VG and GR effects along with multi effects boxes.

Here is an example on delay pedal basics.

Thanks.

Bob

Now_And_Then

I've recently started watching That Pedal Show too. There's a lot of good information there, although I don't always agree with their subjective evaluations of this or that pedal. No profanity whatsoever, which I believe is a concern of some people here.

Another good channel is "CSGuitars" but be aware that it contains a certain amount of profanity... in a heavy Scottish accent. Which two characteristics can be advantages or disadvantages, depending on your point view, and tolerance for profanity delivered in a heavy Scottish accent.

"Dave's World Of Fun Stuff" is luthier-type stuff. I think he is incredibly funny. Other people might not. Also laced with profanity.

bbob

Quote from: Now_And_Then on April 04, 2016, 07:31:23 PM
No profanity whatsoever, which I believe is a concern of some people here.

Thanks for the heads up about the other programs.

Some of things I like about That Pedal Show are how Mick and Dan interact with each other.  Really funny sometimes.  Also how Dan explains, near the beginning of each program, in general terms, what happens to the guitar signal as it goes thru the type pedals they are showing that day. 

Bob

Elantric

Pedals And Effects has been having a string of good luck with having really great musicians coming on to talk about gear and this interview with Tom Cram is one of my favorites. Tom runs things at Digitech and DOD and he is an awesome musician and gear head like us all. He came through with great stories from the past, insight to what has been going on and what lies ahead for one of the greatest pedal making companies of all time!

This video was shot and edited by Scott Ward for Vato Negro Productions.

See more at:

http://www.pedalsandeffects.com