GR-55 - A small collection of sounds....

Started by Jim Williams, February 11, 2013, 12:02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Williams

Here are some synth patches I Put together to emulate that High end synth tones. I have included some MP3's so you can get a preview of them. I don't think you will ever use them with your cover band I just made them to sound cool and employ some layers and settings options some sounds may be useful and others you may only check out the MP3's. I have set them up to work good with my Les Paul with Ghost system so you may want to work the Velocity settings to suit you and your guitar.
1.   Martin + Harmonica is a patch that crossfades a Martin 000 model to a Harmonica I did 2 tracks just so you could see how nice they sound together. If you go into the EXPON mode the Expression pedal controls the modulation of the Harmonica.
2.   Titan Pad is a "Organish" pad it was inspired from some of the pads from Absynth from Native Instruments.
3.   Dying Lovers is a Choir pad inspired from "Omnisphere".
4.   Maker' Scream is just a tweaked Lead sound. There is not much here just let er' rip.
5.   Dirty Sync Lead is a Sync Lead coming through a Rectifier amp for a true Dirty synth solo.

Have fun and enjoy.
Jimmy.

Everything from modeling to the real deal, my house looks like a music store.

rstryjew

Ibanez S570b
Pickups: SDuncan JB bridge, SDuncan SH1 vintage 59 neck, SDuncan stratocaster in the middle, GK3.
Effects: Roland GR55 + Clean gtr out to Compressor, Súper Overdrive, Boss ME80 pedalboard, Tube Overdrive, Blues Driver, Fuzz, Big Muff, Digital Delay, Phaser and Chorus. 2ways more fun.

OldShepster

What a great collection of unique, and useable, sounds.  I really appreciate that you include mp3's of the sound when you post a new setting.  Thanks so much for your continued contributions!
Shep

TommyJay

Again Jim many many thanks and I too appreciate the MP3's. 
Tommy

mchaverri

Thanks a lot Mr. Williams. Great sounds. And the mp3s are really helpfull!

Jim Williams

Thanks all for your comments. I found that if you add some Low end EQ it really makes the tones sound huge.

Everything from modeling to the real deal, my house looks like a music store.

stuey99

These are brilliant.  Loved how you've included a mp3 too.

Many thanks sir.

dfranks

Thanks so much for posting this. The Titan pad is what I needed to get me on track for the sound I was looking for.

sunbambino