BR-80 - Drumpattern for BR-80

Started by hobbytoy, September 06, 2012, 11:08:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hobbytoy

Hi. I have just bought the new Boss BR-80 and have played a little around with this little recorder. I was trying to find some rhytmn pattern for waltz (3/4 patterns), but so far I haven't found anything on the recorder yet. Can I use for example Sonar X1 Studio to create rhytmn patterns and export it to BR-80? If so, how can I do that? Hope someone can help me a little bit. Thanks ;)

gumtown

If using the multitrack recorder mode, you can import a midi (*.mid) drum track file,
if using the eBand mode - the tracks are an audio loop of a few bars in wave audio format (*.wav).
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

hobbytoy

Does this mean I can import a midi-file as SMF import to BR-80? Again thanks for replies.  ;)

Elantric

QuoteDoes this mean I can import a midi-file as SMF import to BR-80? Again thanks for replies.

Correct - this is all explained in detail in the Roland Micro BR BR80 Workshop Tutorials. (click this link, then click the "Support" tab)
http://www.bossus.com/gear/productdetails.php?ProductId=1167#

A SMF standard midi file of drum tracks must use midi channel 10, the midi drum track file is placed the the SD card folder ROLAND/SMF/
In the BR-80 the track is then imported into the song.

myksara

Is there a way to convert wav files to smf??..i have a few wav
files that i want to be able to use as loops n also in the
MTR mode for recording over them
Guitars: Ibanez Prestige S5470, Ibanez Jem 7v, Ibanez JS2410, PRS SE Custom24, Cort  Ltd G16, Ibanez RG370Ahmz,
MultiFX: Roland GR55, Zoom 1on, BOSS GT00
Loopers: Digitech trio+, Line 6 JM4
MIDI:, MAudio Axiom24 keyboard, Alesis IO Dock with iPad air 2

Kevin M

Quote from: myksara on January 25, 2013, 11:43:54 AM
Is there a way to convert wav files to smf??..i have a few wav
files that i want to be able to use as loops n also in the
MTR mode for recording over them

I believe Drumagog can convert drum audio to MIDI - presumably in a standard MIDI format.