Michael Wahl Berardi Red Line Organ Jam (Guitar to Midi INSANITY!)

Started by aliensporebomb, February 06, 2012, 06:36:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aliensporebomb

Um, wow:

Talk about having your system dialed in.  And the chops to force it to work the way you want.  Wow.   8)
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

Charles5150

WWWWOOOOOWWWW !

Amazing combination of musicallity and skills !
I myselft have that Steinberger even with the normal PUs removed, only GK3.

If it's MIDI and not the Organ COSM, it's the most impresive tracking I've ever seen in my life. Interesting artifact he has on the bridge, maybe that's part of the trick.

Can we contact him ? My jaw is on my keybord right now WWWOOOWWW

Charles5150

Answering myself:

He says it's GI-20 and that he founds that and GR-33 and GR-20 very similar about tracking.
He is the inventor of the neck zoning for the SynthAxe.

The problem is not he tracking, is the technique LOL

aliensporebomb

Talk about off the hook.  He apparently has been playing two instruments at once since 1981-1982 and he has an old video of him doing in in 1986 or so, one guitar on a stand and another strapped on.  I understand what he's doing it but I'm not sure I could actually do it.  I'd need to find a way to split my brain into two brains or the like.  Crazy.
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

whippinpost91850

tekrytor

Corla Pandit, surreneder the turban. There'a new guru of the organ. Pretty amazing playing and technology. Incredible tracking. What is the rig, anyone know?
SY-300/BeatBuddy/VoiceLive 3/GR-55(v1.50)/33/1/50/700/VGA-7/V-Bass, Yam-G10, GPK-4, DIY X-Bee HighlyLiquidCPU "Cozy-Lil-Footie", FCB-1010, other MIDI stuff, Godin Freeway SA and various other GK equipped controllers, Sonar X1, Audacity, KXstudio, Misc devices

Charles5150

- Tracking is done by a Roland GI-20
- GK3 is pretty close to the strings
- He uses some kind of damping at the bridge
- Sounds are one octave down of what he is actually playing

tekrytor

Thanks Charles!

I noticed the big cover over the bridge. I suspected it might house a damper. Great results!
SY-300/BeatBuddy/VoiceLive 3/GR-55(v1.50)/33/1/50/700/VGA-7/V-Bass, Yam-G10, GPK-4, DIY X-Bee HighlyLiquidCPU "Cozy-Lil-Footie", FCB-1010, other MIDI stuff, Godin Freeway SA and various other GK equipped controllers, Sonar X1, Audacity, KXstudio, Misc devices

admin

www.ultramute.com