GR-55 Hammond Sounds

Started by kennyboz, January 05, 2012, 12:40:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kennyboz

Hi, there. I've had the GR-1, GR-20 and now the GR-55. The GR-20 was a joke for pro performance, but has some nice sounds. I want to create the best Hammond B3 emulation possible. I notice the VK Rotary effect allows only the woofer and tweeter fast and slow speed adjustment. Thanks for that. But I want to also adjust the ramp rates of the slow-fast speed switching. Will the editor allow more adjustments than the internal GR-55 allows? I'd also like a nice percussion sound and (wishing) drawbar type adjustments.

Any other help or Hammond patches would be appreciated. Thanks.

Brent Flash

Welcome to the group kennyboz!  :)

paults

RATE SLOW# and RATE FAST# are the parameters that control the specific speed of the fast and slow settings.   They can be set to specific rates, tied directly to the TEMPO BPM, or to the relative note value, based on the tempo.

DaleDunphy

Hi.

I have a GR-33 and have just acquired a GR-55 which seems to offer improved sounds and capabilities.  However, I have been unable to set up a good Hammond organ sound with variable speed 'Leslie' rotary speaker emulation.  I can do this easily and effectively on the GR-33.

I suspect the solution will involve the VK Rotary effect but wonder how I can assign the Exp pedal to vary the Leslie speed. I want the heel position to cause the rotating speaker effect to be very slow and full toe position to be fast (perhaps with relative increasing speeds throughout the travel of the pedal).

Any hints are appreciated.

Neardark72

Did you download Gumstown's floorboard?

Thats the first step to get control of the gr55.