GR-55 13 pin input broken

Started by 47Flyer, November 18, 2017, 11:04:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

47Flyer

Well, I lost my favorite cable at a gig.  Tried to use a new bestronics cable and met a small amount of resistance when plugging into the GR-55.  It worked but when I tried to use another cable after that I got no sound out of the guitar.  I took the bottom off of the GR-55 and saw that part of the GK plug/board had slid out of the holes partially resulting in no connection at all.  I slid it back together but as soon as I plug in a cable the GK board separates again.  Should I try to glue this together or should I just try to order a new GK board from Roland?  Thanks.

admin

Quoteon: Today at 11:04:08 AM
Started by 47Flyer - Last post by 47Flyer
Well, I lost my favorite cable at a gig.  Tried to use a new bestronics cable and met a small amount of resistance when plugging into the GR-55.

Hard to imagine that type damage would occur under typical use

( was a hammer employed during cable insertion?

Contact Boss and order a new jack

Be prepared for $75 fee

[ url=https://www.google.com/search?q=gr55+inside+view&client=ms-android-om-lge&prmd=visn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiw0YHd7MjXAhUO1WMKHRc_BkEQ_AUIEygC&biw=360&bih=518]https://www.google.com/search?q=gr55+inside+view&client=ms-android-om-lge&prmd=visn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiw0YHd7MjXAhUO1WMKHRc_BkEQ_AUIEygC&biw=360&bih=518[/url]
Many have been crippled photobucket

47Flyer

Thanks.  I was afraid of that.  But no hammers were used.  Very slight resistance from the bestronics cable when plugging it in.  The picture shows what it looked like when I opened it up.  It may be an expensive hobby but not as expensive as fishing.

gumbo

...or, something like this (shameless self-promotion) for the princely sum of 45 USD shipped to USA all the way from Sunny South Australia....   ;)

PM me for further info if that suits..

Peter

Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

whippinpost91850

I would recommend you contact Gumbo (Peter) for the jack it's well worth it

47Flyer

Thanks so much.  I have sent a message to Peter.

Tek

Quote from: whippinpost91850 on November 18, 2017, 02:20:24 PM
I would recommend you contact Gumbo (Peter) for the jack it's well worth it
+1!!!
Great jacks!

47Flyer

All,

I ordered the part from Gumbo and had it delivered in about one week.  It only took a couple of minutes to install and works beautifully.  Many Thanks to Gumbo.  Now I'm back in business.

gumbo

...Thanks Everybody for the kind comments! 
...glad the Postal Fairies & Elves were all working; sometimes difficult at this time of the year.. ::)

Regards,
Peter
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...