Axon - Can't get how to use PitchBend pedal with AXON AX50

Started by Gaustu, October 12, 2017, 04:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaustu

Hi to you!

So, setting everything up to maximum control, I face with this problem ???

The one part of my setup is: Axon drives software synth (Sytrus, but as I can see there is not a problem what synth exactly at all)
The question - how to apply my expression pedal to do bending with Axon? Before, I even did not imagine that could be the problem.
Well, I check out that synth receives ok pitchbending if to connect GR-55 with it directly to MIDI. Sytrus recognizes while expr pedal assigned to CC #11. 
Looking into midi implementation chart of Axon's manual I see there is YES for Pitch Bend Transmition and NO for Pitch Bend Recognition. I am afraid this is very bad news and this is the answer why I cant get my Synth tracking my PB pedal when I send it at MIDI In of Axon?

Any thoughts of experienced owners will be very thankful.

Parker PDF85 modified: Sustainiac, SD TB-4, Piezo Hexpander 13 pin out.
GR-55 mod with 13 din thru, 6 analog outputs D-Sub => Presonus FS Mobile  8 analog inputs.
NI Reactor matchHEX Guitar Framer Ensemble custom.

Gaustu

Quote from:  admsustainiac
Not only will you not get Pitch bent notes from a GR-55 , you wont get any sound from the GR-55

Why?

the GR-55 does NOT respond to any MIDI Note on/off data

Well, I thought I said clearly, AXON drives not GR-55. AXON drives my soft synth. There is nothing on MIDI In of GR-55 in my setup!
I connect MIDI out of GR-55 with MIDI in of AXON.

BTW, nothing comes to mind except to use some MIDI merging software before the MIDI meats my soft synth...
But I wonder how they could skip pitch bending pedal option in their AXON for guitarists?
GR-55 mod with 13 din thru, 6 analog outputs D-Sub => Presonus FS Mobile  8 analog inputs.

admin

FWIW  -

suggest study the MIDI documentation
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=2977.0

Quotewhy I cant get my Synth tracking my PB pedal when I send it at MIDI In of Axon?

Pitch bend is not a MIDI CC#

Pitch Bend is specific message , but there is support for only one Pitch Bend message for each MIDI channel

this is the principal reason most MIDI guitars employ a separate MIDI channel for each string, and require a multitimberal Synth ( hardware or software) that supports at least 6 MIDI channels 

Gaustu