Katana head line-out is messing with MY head

Started by TexasaurusRex, October 10, 2017, 12:53:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasaurusRex

I have used my Katana head to record via mic and 1x10", 2x12", and 4x10" cabinets. Amazing response, rivals that of the best tube amps we've rented for similar sessions. I am having problems translating anything close to similar tones via the line-out into interface/ laptop. I recently updated to 201 vs, and only had a few minutes to see what up and will check more when I get back home. I have an older Roland/Cakewalk VS-20 usb interface with Guitar Tracks4 and simulated amps/pre-sets that drug out of storage upon learning of the re-done drivers/support for VS-20. It sounds better than my Katana head's line-out, but when I add cabs and mics, nothing touches the Katana. I need help translating close approximations between the two, something I haven't set or adjusted isn't right. Bottom line-The line-out of my Katana going into USB interface isn't sounding near what I am sure it can sound like and it has to be my lack of...I don't know what yet.
THANKS

admin

Quote from: TexasaurusRex on October 10, 2017, 12:53:13 PM
I have used my Katana head to record via mic and 1x10", 2x12", and 4x10" cabinets. Amazing response, rivals that of the best tube amps we've rented for similar sessions. I am having problems translating anything close to similar tones via the line-out into interface/ laptop. I recently updated to 201 vs, and only had a few minutes to see what up and will check more when I get back home. I have an older Roland/Cakewalk VS-20 usb interface with Guitar Tracks4 and simulated amps/pre-sets that drug out of storage upon learning of the re-done drivers/support for VS-20. It sounds better than my Katana head's line-out, but when I add cabs and mics, nothing touches the Katana. I need help translating close approximations between the two, something I haven't set or adjusted isn't right. Bottom line-The line-out of my Katana going into USB interface isn't sounding near what I am sure it can sound like and it has to be my lack of...I don't know what yet.
THANKS

You will benefit from the knowledge of other Roland/Boss users
start here - and read all the PDF docs on posts in this thread:

Learn to Program Roland/Boss MultiFX Processors
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=88.0

TexasaurusRex

My lord, man!    "You will benefit from other user's knowledge....pdf docs in this thread" . Benefit is beyond an understatement, that is an amazing amount of info. I very much appreciate you  pointing me right where I needed to be. I could have happily wandered around the forum for forever,you really lined me out. So very cool, thanks again.