Coda Music - Cloudwire

Started by mordecai, October 05, 2017, 10:38:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mordecai

Wondering if anyone has used these before? I know there has been talk of the 2.4GHZ not being the best for this kind of thing but seeing has how this has the AUX input that would allow me to also have my inears become wireless with one device this has me really intrigued. I do not play in places with a lot of wifi interference. I do use an Airport Express to run/sync OnSong and Propresenter but other than that no real interference to speak of.

Anyone tried these or can speak to this kind of device? They are on sale for $60 currently here: http://codamusictech.zonpages.com/cloudwire-ghz-rechargeable-digital1.html

Elantric

IMHO 90% of these new crop of 2.4gHz Wireless systems work fine for a bluegrass band , but the designers never considered the modern guitarist who's wireless receiver feeds an array of high gain floor FX ( Distortion, Blues Driver, Metal pedal ,  Compressor, etc) - and under those conditions with the floor FX engaged is when the poor signal to noise ratio and high noise floor of the cheap wireless system is exposed to the player.

For low budget wireless Electric guitar use - The Line-6 G10 is quite good and the one to beat in the low price range

mordecai

That's what I was thinking. When they said it didn't work well with active pickups, it was the first tip off. Until I can get a reliable wireless pack for my IEM stuff having wireless guitar is not really something I am wanting. This unit proved interesting due to it addressing both things. Voicelive 3 came with a cable that's working solution for me right now, the inline headphone cable works great and is classier than zip ties to make something similar. Cloudwire with it's aux in and headphone out on the other end really was the best solution for how I run things. But as I had feared and you echoed it just seems like it'd be a let down.   

Elantric

Quote from: mordecai on October 05, 2017, 12:45:45 PM
That's what I was thinking. When they said it didn't work well with active pickups, it was the first tip off. Until I can get a reliable wireless pack for my IEM stuff having wireless guitar is not really something I am wanting. This unit proved interesting due to it addressing both things. Voicelive 3 came with a cable that's working solution for me right now, the inline headphone cable works great and is classier than zip ties to make something similar. Cloudwire with it's aux in and headphone out on the other end really was the best solution for how I run things. But as I had feared and you echoed it just seems like it'd be a let down.

Agreed - let someone else go first , but pay attention to their test setup.

If they are  using this wireless system with an acoustic guitar , they might sing praises. 

But If they are  using this wireless system with an Electric guitar rig , they might be guilty of omission if they fail to mention the hiss that occurs when the other FX are engaged.

But seems they dropped the Cloudwire product - looks 100% same as a cheap Donner 2.4GHz wireless system
https://www.codamusictech.com/pages/product-manuals