Zoom LiveTrak L12 — at a glance:
Channel strip
3-band mid-parametric EQ
12 discrete channels (8 mono/2 stereo)
Backlit LCD screen
16 onboard effects
Custom scene settings
Built-in slate mic and metronome

New Zoom LiveTrak L-12 Offers Live Mixing and Recording for Musicians and Podcasters

All-in-one digital mixer offers 12 discrete tracks, a stereo mix, and five customizable headphone mixes

August 3, 2017 — Zoom Corporation today unveiled the new LiveTrak L-12, an all-in-one digital mixer that lets musicians, bands, and podcasters mix live performances and record up to 12 discrete channels. LiveTrak also provides five individual custom headphone mixes.

The L-12 is equipped with the quietest and most advanced mic preamps Zoom has ever offered. Musicians and podcasters can capture high-quality audio up to 24-bit/96 kHz WAV format. They can also store projects directly to an SD card to remix on board or transfer them to a DAW for further editing.

A convenient monitor out design can send up to five individual mixes to headphones or in-ear monitors, with no need for a monitor amp. Each performer can dial in their mix independently for optimal workflow during a performance or recording session and save it for later use.

Analog-style controls make it easy to adjust parameters with exacting precision. There's also a 3-band mid-parametric EQ for each channel as well as 16 built-in send effects.

The L-12 is also equipped with nine different scenes where users can save their custom mixer settings for automatic recall with the push of a button. Each scene saves fader positions as well as EQ, pan, and mute settings.

The L-12 also functions as a full-featured digital audio interface for your computer or iOS device. Its simple setup lets musicians and podcasters record and stream live shows. With the L-12's 14-in/4-out USB connection, DAW output signal can be assigned to an L-12 stereo channel and sent to the master out, allowing users to play backing tracks while mixing and recording.

© 2017 ZOOM Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

Elantric

alexmcginness

Im a big fan of Zoom recorders. I have 2 R-16s. I take one of them on the road to use as a live mixer for my pub show. I record every night and then put the SD card into my laptop and drag the tracks into Cubase. These things have excellent sound as well. IMO you cant go too far wrong with one of these. This new one looks like its less fragile than the R16 or the R24 which is a welcome improvement. Go Zoom!
VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.

admin

Zoom L20R Rack

PD FX

I bought the Zoom L-12 yesterday, connected it to my 2015 macbook model in class compliant mode, no extra drivers installed
My main use for it, is to record demo's and quickstarts.
For videorecording I use Screenflow 6. It actually grabs all 14 channels along with the laptop screen and camera.
There is no perceivable extra load from the interface, no dropouts in sound. S

There is a nice hack to add AUX to the L-12: if you don't need all headphone mixes, you can misuse one of them as analog aux and re-insert the aux return on e.g. channel 13/14.. There is a tiny bit of latency that way, but not much.

Overall a fantastic machine: price/value ratio is fantastic.

About the headphone monitor outs: they are actually stereo with panning from main! Firmware 2.0 says it adds fx on them too, but that would kind of be a bit too good to be true. Anyone installed fimrware 2.0 and can tell more?
EDIT: I understand now that each headphone channel has a separate efx return. So that gives you a personal "local" direct mix, with the global master reverb mixed in. that is a good solution.

admin