VG-99 - Control of Roland handsonic 10? neeeed heeeeelp !!!!!!!!

Started by evo007, December 07, 2009, 11:44:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

evo007

i have a roland handsonic 10 and i want to know if i can control it with my vg99 and how to do it for live performance ! please help !!!

Brent Flash

Welcome to the group evo007!  :)

Do you want to play sounds or just start and stop the patterns?

evo007

well i want to play the sounds !  :-[

evo007

i got a fc300 too !
in fact i do live looping performences i just got the vg99 cs i wanted to play all on my guitar and i wanted to do the same for drums that i used to play on my handsonic !

evo007

and thanks so much for your time and help the forum is just great !!! ;)

Brent Flash

Ok, if you want to play the sounds by playing your guitar it should work just like hooking up a sound module. Run a MIDI cable from the MIDI OUT of the VG-99 to the MIDI IN of the HPD-10. On the VG turn on the GUITAR TO MIDI function (button on front panel) and that should be about it. You may need to tweak some of the MIDI settings to get it to respond properly but we can cross that bridge after you get it working.

Let me know if you have any luck getting this much working.

evo007

evo007

i just dont get i did what you saind and still dont have nthing ...
ok :
i got the vg99 midi out to the hpd10 midi in
then i put guitar to midi on
i use the gk3 pickups

i wanted to be able to play drums patches avable on the hpd10 with my guitar

what do i do wrong?...

Brent Flash

At this point you need to look a little into what MIDI channel is being sent and what MIDI channel is being received. If I am not mistaken your HPD-10 may default to MIDI channel 10. I also thought that the VG-99 defaulted to OMNI out but if this has been changed you need to make sure that at least it is transmitting on MIDI channel 10 and the HPD-10 is receiving on MIDI channel 10. Check this and see if it works. Then report back.

Brent Flash

One more thing, make sure you try playing all over the neck because I am not sure how many notes have sounds assigned to them in the APD-10. I think each drum set has MIDI notes assigned to those sounds. You may want to look in the manuel to see if they have a list.

evo007

yea i just got it !!! now it works and i can change the midi notes !!! ;D ;D
still just one problem :
it works only on the 5th string ??!!
and wen i put guitar to midi can i put it only on in the patch i want? can i swith it on or of using the fc300 or eles?
is it possible to have more than one midi note for the same sound ?

thanks again you realy helped me a lot !!!!!!!! :D
thaaaaaaaaaaaaks 8)

Brent Flash

Quote from: evo007 on December 08, 2009, 03:59:58 AM
yea i just got it !!! now it works and i can change the midi notes !!! ;D ;D
still just one problem :
it works only on the 5th string ??!!
and wen i put guitar to midi can i put it only on in the patch i want? can i swith it on or of using the fc300 or eles?
is it possible to have more than one midi note for the same sound ?

thanks again you realy helped me a lot !!!!!!!! :D
thaaaaaaaaaaaaks 8)
In the GUITAR TO MIDI section you will need to switch the MODE to POLY so that it will work on all strings. The MODE you have it on now (MONO) allows you to have a different sound or device on each string.

Read through this thread and it will give you a better understanding of the features and problems users have had trying to get their system to do what they want it to.

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,915.0.html

To get the same sound on more than one note, you have to edit the drum set in the APD-10. I have not looked over it to see if this is possible. But it would be a matter of assigning the same sound to a range of MIDI note numbers.

If I remember right the turning on and off of the GUITAR TO MIDI function is not assignable to controllers, so I think you have to turn it on and off with the button or another method. I think this is covered in the thread I gave you a link to.

Good luck!

evo007

evo007

weird ... the think is that wen i swich to omni mode i just cant get eny response at all i cheked the midi chanel it just work fine on mono and nthing on omni...
??
aaaaaaaaa

Brent Flash

Please read earlier posts again. I think you are confusing POLY/MONO (single string or all string), OMNI MODE (MIDI CHANNEL). Two different settings in two different places.