Hand Job Hot Hand 3

Started by Hurricane, May 15, 2017, 07:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hurricane

;D

Anyone have one ?

I was after an expression pedal for my T.C.Helicon VL3X when I found this unit .

Hand Jobs jobs anyone ?  :o :

And the USB ;

http://www.sourceaudio.net/products/hothand/hothand3.php

This sucker can trigger midi events in a DAW - Midi triggered stage lighting - FX - besides do the expression control pedal duties of whaw whaw ,
flanger etcetera on your ax .

XYZ control parameters in real time via DAW - an left to right panning . Wild huh ! Live you only get the usual up and down pedal type control but with
IMHO more of a dynamic flare and form to function .

Both units together are about what you would throw down for a decent expression pedal .

I'll be test driving this sucker - - I'm cool about it for the guitars - it's quite a departure
from tradition , a departure that IMHO was inevitable .

I am really chillin thinking on how this expands the expressions a electrified harp looses
when slapped uptight against a bullet mic to get that " compression " going that electrified harp has .
You loose the natural hand made whaw whaw when going electrified harp .

The midi control over my Godin LGXSA into my Roland  GR33 into my DAW is going to be interesting
as well . That XYZ and the fantastic Reverbs - Flangers - Delays of the Roland and T.C.Helicon VL3X as well
as what the software synths have are going galactic man , I'm headed for Alpha Centauri !

That hand jive gestures that you make while using the HH3 is a cool theatrical showmanship move  ;D .
Most people ( average types ) never really take notice of a whammy pedal when employed , you can't
miss a hand gesture with this unit or the sound it actives as you do it .

These things about how you will look on stage using this are cool to me as a performer , but YMMV  8) .

EZ :

HR

chopsuey

FYI, the price for the USB version dropped down to 49$/59€. I could no longer resist and got mine delivered today. After the first hours of playing I really like this thing. So far, I have tried effects processing with the TE Op-1 which gives some interesting options. Tomorrow I will try to use it with the GP-10 and see how that works out.

Only thing I did not fully understand until now is how exactly the Z-Axis is supposed to work.

Hurricane

8)

Quote from: chopsuey on July 22, 2017, 11:00:23 AM
FYI, the price for the USB version dropped down to 49$/59€. I could no longer resist and got mine delivered today. After the first hours of playing I really like this thing. So far, I have tried effects processing with the TE Op-1 which gives some interesting options. Tomorrow I will try to use it with the GP-10 and see how that works out.

Only thing I did not fully understand until now is how exactly the Z-Axis is supposed to work.

;D
chopsuey :

When I saw they had a direct order form the Source audio website I tried to use it but it had issues -

I called them and was able to get both the USB & Base St. with one ring shipped for $125.00 - yes this is quite a bargain .
The Z axis would be a 180/360 degree stationary move more or less .
Just got a Focusrite Scarlwett 6i6 interface for my computer and will try and figure out how to get this to control  the DAW
editing like this :

Check out the panning it does , Iike that .

EZ :

HR[/font]